PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy, lovenox & bleeding?

Miranda
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I just found out I'm pregnant with my 3rd child on Thursday (my birthday :shock: ) complete shocker! I'm about 4 weeks.

Anyways, I was immediately started on Lovenox injections twice a day as well as Progesterone injections once a week. Last night I started spotting (brownish blood) and just would like to know if this might mean a miscarriage soon or if it's just the Lovenox?

When I had my son (he's 16 months now) I had spotting pretty much from about 8-12 weeks throughout the whole pregnancy.. but I also had a placental seperation as well that was most likely the source.... ???

I'm just confused and not sure if it's okay to feel kinda excited at all or if I should just be worried. :(

sick n tired
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey Miranda,

I am not anything medical, but brownish blood sounds like old blood. At any rate you need to call your ob/gyn to tell him.

I will be praying for you and your blessing, for health.

In Him,

Karen

Saysusie
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Brown spotting is probably, as sick n tired said, old or dried blood from the uterus that is being pushed out by the growing fetus. It is usually insignificant and, as long as fetus is growing and there is no heavy vaginal bleeding, it usually does not become a miscarriage. The brownish bleeding may also be due to a "subchorionic bleed" which is a sequestration ( to withdraw) of some blood within the folds of the developing placenta. This, too, does not lead to miscarriage.
It might be advisable for you to contact your obstetrician and request taking serial sonograms to assess the growth of your unborn baby and to determine the position of the placenta and the presence of any other bleeding. If the sonogram is fine and you continue to hear a fetal heartbeat on doppler, you should be fine.
A brown dischrage can also be a sign of a vaginal infection, which, of course, can be treated if a culture grows any bacteria. It doesn't sound like you should be too worried for now, but do request the sonograms if you can.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Missy
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
How are you doing, Miranda? I hope well and that everything turned out ok with the bleeding.

Miranda
12-06-2007, 06:18 AM
The bleeding wasn't bad, it was just spotting and hardly even that. It's pretty much stopped.

They tested my HCG levels again only to see that they aren't doubling the way they should have so they're running it again today so we'll know kinda what's going on tomorrow. I'm nervous because I have a risk of ectopic pregnancies.

I've always felt like when they started you on Lovenox and Progesterone REALLY early in pregnancy that it basically made miscarrying not happen as often. I figured everything would go smoothly. :(

Anyways, I'll keep you updated when I find out my HCG results from today. I wasn't planning for this baby but I'll be so sad to lose it.

cheryl_v
12-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I know how you feel. I had a miscarrige before, bright red bleeding. I also have a 16mth old that I bleed and spotted through entire pregnancy. The blood altered in color: bright, dark, brown, brownish-red, spotting, bleeding light, then heavy. Started at 6 wks until her birth. Even went in because we (and doc) thought I had miscarried again. She was 5 wks early, but actually weighed 6lbs 10oz. Sick, but ok. Weird part is they never could find the source of bleeding. Had to go every wk with ulta sounds every month (sometimes 2x mth). Bed rest whole time of course. So rest, try to relax. I will pray for you, I hope your ok. I'll check on you tomorrow. Good Night. :D