PDA

View Full Version : ultram

lornak
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I have just started taking this because of work. I asked for something that I could take at work that would not make me stupid or fall asleep at my desk. up to this point I have been taking hydrocodone, but if I take that at work for pain, the pope could call in and I would not care (I am in customer service). 8)

I checked out some of the side effects of this drug on line and what folks were saying about it, but I just wanted some imput from the folks here. since you guys are so great, I figured I would have a better chance of getting a clear answer.

KatOkon
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Well I am on the generic version, Tramadol. I have a herniated L5/S1 disk, pinched nerve, bursitis on one hip and hip dysplasia on the other. I can tell you for that kind of pain the Ultram works wonders! Better then Oxycodone in my opinion, BUT YOU HAVE TO START IT SLOW!!!

I was supposed to take two every three to four hours as needed for pain. That made me ill and I could not stop throwing up for like an hour after they really kicked in. On top of that just like most pain pills you have the loopiness and the drowsiness that come along. The good news is it did not take that long to adjust. Like within two weeks I was up to the full dosage with not to many side effects. Have to be honest though, I would not drive while taking them. To much of a chance if you get pulled over.

To get used to them I started with a half pill and then worked my way up from there. Once I got used to them I really thought the pill was a god send for back pain suffers. Hope any of that helps!

SonyaLA
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi Lornak..

I have been on Tramadol for about 9 months. I do not take them when I go to work though... I only take them right before bed, or if I plan on staying home. It does help with the pain, but it makes me loopy. It's not the same as other pain relievers, not really drowsy, just kind of floaty like, and very distracted behavior. I'm afraid to drive while on it as well. Luckily I did not have the side effects mentioned by KatOkon. Only a bit of icky stomach until I got used to it.

Good Luck

Sonya