PDA

View Full Version : Iritis - anyone else have this?

SonyaLA
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I haven't seen anyone else post about this. It was actually the thing that finally led the docs to test for lupus.

My first instance was awful, with about 6 weeks loss of vision in one eye. I think I have it again, but I'm not sure...

It is an inflammation of the Iris in your eye, causing extreme light sensitivity, pain and redness. The white gets swollen and very sticky.

Does anyone else ever have this?

sick n tired
11-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Sonya do you have Ankylosing Spondylitis? I read that can be one of the symptoms. I am having extreme red eyes and burning as well as some vision irregularities. I am not sure if it is because of the plaquenil that I am taking, however. I hope that your iris problem goes away soon.

Blessings to you,

Karen

SonyaLA
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the blessing sick n tired.

..I'm not diagnosed, but I'm curious now. I looked it up and I have quite a few of the symptoms:

Anemia
IBS
Iritis
Lower back stiffness and pain

All of which could be lupus or the fibro.... I did have a MRI this year because of my vitamin D deficiency. I would think they would have noted if there was anything fusing.

I do not have a loss of appetite or weight loss... but then I AM on prednisone.

Do you see an opthamologist every 6 months? Anyone on plaquenil is supposed to do that right? I see the same one that treated my Iritis. Eye sight is something I take very seriously. Just being blind on one side for 6 weeks was difficult.

Hope your eyes clear up soon.