PDA

View Full Version : I am so worried

sick n tired
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I took two of my daughters in to see the Doctor. One is having chest pains and has a slight rash on her face the younger one has a malor rash on her face and it looks like she is having some heart problems. He is doing an ana on them as well as running other tests. the youngar one, Alyssa, had an "episode" about 4 years ago where she was extremely fatigued. The doctor felt that it was her heart murmers so we took her to a pediatric cardiologist. (Lupus was not even thought about. We are only thinking about because of my recent diagnosis.) 2 years ago the cardiologist told me that she needn't come any more, that she was healed. Today a murmer was clearly heard.
I don't want them to be seriously ill. And what if they die.............OMG
I asked the Lord to give me all of the organ problems if that is what they have just let me take it for them and give them a normal life. I had a child die 10 years ago. I can't go this route again.....Oh please no......

hatlady
11-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Sending thoughts of health, hope and thanksgiving to you.

I hope you learn that this is just a passing rash for your daughter, and that it is nothing serious. Whether it is or not, though, we are here to listen and support.

May the Thanksgiving holiday be filled with warmth, health, energy and happy memories in the making.

cheryl_v
11-21-2007, 03:27 PM
My heart and thoughts are with you. I'll say a prayer for you and your girls tonight before bed. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, please try not to worry to much. Yes, I know easier said than done. :B-fly:

mnjodette
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
You, and your daughters, will be in my prayers. May God encircle your little darlings with angels to watch out for them; keep them well; give them (and you!) strength. :angel:

Jody

Saysusie
11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
You and your daughters are in my prayers. While lupus can be a severe and life-threatening disease, many children with lupus do very well. The prognosis of lupus in children depends upon the severity of the internal organ involvement. Even if internal organs are involved, aggressive treatment has been very successful with children. The severity of a child's lupus is determined by many factors which are beyond anyone's control. Since you have gotten them to a doctor early, if they are diagnosed with Lupus, there are things that you can do to help them to do well with the disease.
It is very important that you follow their doctors' instructions. Make sure that they take their medications as directed, have their blood or urine tests when requested, keep all scheduled doctor appointments, and make the appropriate lifestyle changes, such as avoiding too much sun, eating a healthy diet, etc.
It is important that you understand their medications and any side-effects that they can cause. Also, avoid any non-conventional treatments, such as herbal “remedies” or “miracle cures.”
There is no need for you to feel that a diagnosis of Lupus automatically means the end of their lives. It may mean a change in their lives, but not the end.
We are here for you and we will keep all of you in our prayers!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks to all of you for your heartfelt replies. I was beyond distraught the day that I posted the above.

I got a call from Alyssa's dr. (She is my 13 yr old.) who said that she was negative ana once but positive the second time. At the moment the main symptom is her rash. She is having stomach problems, but not too severe. Right now we are in a wait and see mode with her. She will be going to her Cardiologist for her Echo next week.

Nadia, who just turned 18 is having some alarming symptoms. Her chest hurts and she is scared. She will go for her echo tomorrow at that time I believe we will receive her results. It does not look good that we didn't hear news on her via the telephone today like we did for Alyssa. My mom tells me not to borrow trouble and she is right, of course, but I can't help letting my imagination run away with me.

Thanks for "listening"

In Him,

Karen

SonyaLA
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
My prayers for you and your daughters...

...my hubby is always fussing at me for worrying about things when I do not yet have all of the information.

I can't help it! I think it is a mom thing. Our minds jump so easily to worse case scenario.

I think I have the right to panic as I see fit! It's written into the Mom's bill of rights somewhere.

It's certainly a part of the process we must go through before faith kicks in to help us deal with the final outcome.

sick n tired
11-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Alyssa's Rheumatoid Factor factor igg came back very high. I am not sure what that means. What is the difference between Rheumatoid factor IGg and Rheumatoid Factor? She had both tests amongst many others. One was very high and the other was normal.

My husband is hoping that it just means that one cancels the other out.

Nadia had a Leut Abs come back very high and I can find nothing on that one. I know what it means for her to have blood in her urine. She was on her peroid at the time of the test. Do you think that is the blood? It seems likely.

Thanks Sonyala for telling me about the "moms bill of rights" 8)
my hubby also gets upset about me worrying about something that may not come to pass. I told him about the bill of rights tonight and he just laughed. :lol:

In Him,

Karen