PDA

View Full Version : Please join a study (if you want)

larsncollin
11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
PLEASE READ!!!
We are doing a study to find out if there are effective ways of fighting lupus and fibromyalgia without the drugs. Even if you want or need to stay on your meds, there are many who are finding more relief and able to drop their dosages down. Find out more about this study and how to join by checking in the website links forum where I have posted the link.

Warning** This is long, but I wanted you to know what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and what I hope to have happen.

Now I'll explain a little: I was diagnosed w/ lupus last year just before we got pregnant w/ #2. It went into remission during the pregnancy, but since he was born 4 months ago I've felt like I've been hit by a train. While I've had little things here and there over the years that indicate that I've harbored this monster for a long time, I had never been in so much pain I couldn't get out of bed. All of us w/ lupus know that we each get hit so differently. For some it is fatigue, others pain, and the truly daring ones fight as their body attacks their own internal organs. I have been blessed to simply deal with pain, fatigue, hair loss, etc. I say simply but you all understand that is only comparing myself to those who have a much harder battle! There is nothing simple about it. I realized the other day that I can't even remember what it feels like to not be in pain. To wake up, jump out of bed, and go about my day. I wake up and take inventory of what I can move, and what I can't; how much energy is in my reserve, and how much I will have to borrow from somewhere; and two wonderful, little boys who about kill me everyday by just needing someone to take care of them (and who I love more than anything!).

'm not sure why I am so against taking medications to control my symptoms. It just doesn't feel right. Besides the fact that I am nursing, and therefore unwilling to take anything that might have an affect on my baby, I am also terrified of being dependent on prednisone, or plaquenil, or whatever for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong - I am a firm believer in medical technology. Our world of medicine accomplishes more than was ever dreamed possible and continues to advance. But at this point in time they are telling me I'm incurable. I think that gives me, and all of you, a right to be looking around for other answers and sources of relief.

A friend of mine introduced my husband and I to a nutritional, whole food beverage as a supplement to many health disorders and health in general. I was skeptical, but willing to try anything that wasn't possibly harmful. I will admit that in my first trial I took it for 3 days and then bailed and turned to my prednisone. I definitely could feel that I had more energy, but I was in a mean enough flare that I needed a boost of prednisone to knock it down. Not wanting to waste it, I gave the rest of my sample (another week supply) to my husband to try for himself. He had been fighting fatigue and no energy for months, as well as high cholesterol, and has had something going on w/ his blood-sugar. He felt so much better after 4-5 days (energy level, sleeping better, overall) that it was HIM who wanted to keep us taking it and HIM who wanted to head up a study to find others who could benefit. I then talked to a recent friend w/ lupus who had literally hit the bottom. She was unable to walk w/out a walker and at times couldn't even do that. She was fighting, but losing. She had been told that her kidneys were done and was on dialysis. A friend of hers made her a guinea pig w/ this juice. She has now been taking it for over a year. She is off of ALL lupus meds. She walks without a walker, and has enough energy to hold down a full time job.

With that in mind, I gave it another try. By day 4 or 5 I was noticing that I was sleeping better and therefore had more energy to cope w/ my other symptoms. I have now been taking it just over 3 weeks. I am still in my flare, but I have more good days than bad days! And my bad days are almost always because I try to do too much, or stay up all night w/ a crying baby, or something that would have knocked me completely down before. Now they are just bad days where I can still get up and do what needs done. I have not taken prednisone, plaquenil, or any other prescribed med for almost a month!!!! All I take now an anti-inflammatory, and claritin (allergies). I can't say my lupus is gone, but I can say that I feel sooo much better and that is allowing me to cope w/ and better combat my symptoms.

Just 2 weeks ago my husband overhead a lady at his work trying to explain to personnel why she was missing so much work (fibromyalgia). He found her in the break room and offered her a week supply to be in our study. She took it but didn't seem very enthusiastic, having tried so many other things already. The next week she was in his office practically begging him to show her how to get more. Others in the office comment that she is a different person and have wondered what happened. It is amazing what happens when you live w/ something so horrible and then find a speck of relief. For her, she has found that she sleeps w/out having to take pain meds and sleeping pills at night. She has cut her dosage levels of her meds nearly in half, and has so much more energy.

This is just what I have said it is... a STUDY. I cannot guarantee any results to anybody. We simply know what we have seen and felt, and we would like to find others in our shoes who might find some relief. Here are some things just for you: Our website is a simple data capture website. It is written to attract people and hopefully lead them to join our study. There are 2 motives behind it--the first being that we really are excited about this and we really do want to know if others find relief, and the second is that my husband would like to start a business based on it and we feel that offering a study will help us to find those who will truly benefit, and thus help us to put together a marketing campaign in the future.

We are investing a lot into this (and don't have a lot to invest!), so I'm telling you how we hope things will work. When you get to the website there is some information and then we ask you to give us your name, etc. to receive a free report. The report was written to educate you about the product we would like you to try. After reading it I hope you will have a better idea about whether you want to try it or not. We will use your info to be able to address each case specifically. Yes, that means I will call or e-mail you, but will NOT use your info for any other purpose, and I will destroy it if you choose to not participate. We are asking anyone who wishes to try this to put $25 into it to help us cover our costs. I want to make it clear that we are requesting payment only because we will go broke if we don't! We are NOT making money off of this study. We won't even be breaking even...not even close. This is a generous offer that we are putting out to give others the chance to try it for themselves. The only way we will make money is if people do find benefits w/ it and we are then able to build a business around it. After the initial $25 we will then determine if we will offer that person a free week supply, or if we will offer them a discounted week supply. (Retail value is $45)

ANYONE W/ LUPUS OR FIBROMYALGIA AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY FOR A FREE WEEK SUPPLY.

We then offer you the option to purchase more bottles for $22 or just under half off for up to a month's supply. We are doing that because we know that one week really isn't enough time to let the nutrients get into your system, but we can't afford to give you more than a week. We are not asking anyone to stop taking their meds, just to try this and see if you feel any difference. Going off of your meds should be done w/ a doctor monitoring at all times.

I know this is an extremely long entry, but if you got all the way through, thank you for reading it, and I hope that you will at least check things out. Once again I'm posting the website in the website links forum.

PS Feel free to ask me ANYTHING through comments or e-mail or whatever.

PPS Please Join!! If nothing else we'll at least know if it is something that helps or not.

TERIOD
11-20-2007, 05:37 AM
what EXACTLY is this product???-----name, brand names, medical names??

hatlady
11-20-2007, 06:41 AM
And who is sponsoring the study? Individuals or is this a monitored clinical trial?

larsncollin
11-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Teriod and hatlady!
Fair questions! This isn't anything official. It is my husband and I looking for other people who can benefit from this drink. There is nothing medical. It is purely nutritional. As for sponsoring, that would be us again. As I mentioned we have invested quite a bit into it and that is why we have to ask $25. But I will mention again that we will NOT be making money on the study. Anyone who chooses to try this out is getting a deal at our expense. We would like to eventually build a business around it, but want to find out if it really helps others first. And if it does help others as it helps him and me, I want to scream it from the rooftops!! I didn't mention the product because we didn't formulate it and I'm not sure I'm allowed to just post the name everywhere. However, we have written up a report on it that you can access from our website (and I posted the link in the website link forum). It is a fruit blend that focuses on the acai berry from the amazon. It has been scientifically proven to be extremely nutrient dense. The other 18 fruits are also chosen specifically for their density in nutrients. The report is FREE. All you have to do is go to the website and sign in for it, and read it. Then you can better decide if it is something you would like to try or not. I hope to contact anyone interested personally to further discuss the study, implications, your hopes, etc. and better describe the product for you. (Yes I will tell you the name!! I'm just not sure I'm allowed to post it all over the internet.) Sorry for that inconvenience. This isn't really a big deal unless it helps you, and then it is a HUGE deal. I haven't yet shared it with anyone who didn't feel the effects in some way or another. You just feel better! After 3 weeks I'm still in my flare but it isn't nearly what it was... I may end up turning back to my meds to help kick me out of it. But I'm functional, have more energy, and less pain w/out the help of my meds and that is a big deal for me. Maybe I will take meds to kick me out of the flare and then get off again and see how this works as prevention. I was already in trouble when I started taking it.
I hope that answers your questions. Please let me know if it doesn't, or any other concerns you may have. This is not something that should be scary to try. It is just exploring the power of fruit.

Saysusie
11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Is your product called "Fruita Vida?" If so, we've discussed this product several years ago as a way of sharing information.
I have no objections, whatsoever, to members sharing products that work for them and allowing members to research and purchase products on their own. Also, I am not against requests for legitimate studies. However, I am very much against asking members here to send money to anyone and/or to purchase products from anyone on this site. Please read the forum rules carefully. You will find that what you are asking our members to do violates our rules.

To Our Members
Fruita Vida must be purchased from a vendor initially. Once you purchase the product, you may re-order it yourself using the vendors name. That vendor gets a piece of the profit from each order using his/her name. So, the more people who order using his/her name, the more money he/she makes. It works very much like a pyramid and you will be asked to become a vendor yourself.
Even if the product is not Fruita Vida, it sounds very much like the same type of arrangement!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

TERIOD
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
please be carefull, with over the counter food supplements

larsncollin
11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry everyone
I was very carefully trying NOT to violate any rules. It is not fruita vida. I've never heard of that. I am very careful about what I take. We are just trying to help. I won't mention it here again.
Sorry again
Lars

Saysusie
11-21-2007, 08:48 AM
You may mention it, discuss it, extol it, try it, share experiences about it. You may not ask members to send you money to purchase it. That is the only part of the rules that you have to be careful with!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie