PDA

View Full Version : Could this be Lupus?

enidob0406
11-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey ya'll I'm new to the forum. I'm a 19 year old female and I've previously been tested for Lupus. Everything started when I was in 6th grade when I began to get unexplained bouts of hives covering my body every single night. I was treated with every allergy medication /steroid (although they found no allergies) in the book while still getting hives every night for about two years. This was when Lupus was discussed and I had blood test taken. When tested, my ANA was "elevated," but my doctor blamed it on hormones. Eventually the hives dissapeared, but they reappeared with no explanation my senior year of high school. Since then my symptoms have included:

Unexplained swelling in my fingers
Daily pain in my wrists
Abdominal Pain every day for 7 months last year (I had an endoscopy done and they found no reasoning except "inflammation")
Weird patches of skin that come and go and look identical to discoid rashes
Pain in my back, neck and shoulders that lasts throughout the day

Currently I'm experiencing all of the symptoms listed at once and that (and learning about Lupus's link to Fibromyalgia) made me want to get some answers. I hope to speak to a doctor soon because, even though I've been experiencing so many unexplained problems, I have not looked into Lupus again. Also, my mom tends to worry when I tell her about new problems I have so I would rather get advice about rather I should look into this before I worry her more. :-D Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

Katie

sick n tired
11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Has your Dr done an ANA, yet? That test can't diagnose Lupus, but it tells Dr.s to look further.

enidob0406
11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I had the ANA done years ago and it came back "elevated," but I haven't recently