PDA

View Full Version : Chest Inflammation?

texannie
11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have had chostochrondritis for years. Sometimes the pain has been severe but sometimes just mild.

Recently I have been having bouts of this again.

This last week with what feels like another bout of it I have had this kind of vibration feeling, not too strong but very noticable. It is around the lower left part of my breast, really toward the chest wall though. Today it was a little milder although still there.

It doesn't feel like a facing heartbeat, palpatations, my heart rate is normal and really steady from what I can tell.

Not sure if this is connected but I have also had a bout of acid reflux as
well.

I have a Dr. appt. this week so I will definitely ask, I just wondered if anyone had anything like this? Thank you all.....

ermerrif
11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
My last post didn't work... in fact this is try #3, so I hope I'm not double or triple-posting here...

What I was saying though is that I have also had costochondritis for years now. My pain is mostly on the right side just below my breast. Most of the time I can't breathe in deeper than half of a normal breath. And if you look at the trunk of my body you can see how horribly swollen that side is. The only thing I've found to keep it under control has been a constant supply of motrin, which tears up my stomach, but it's better than not being able to breathe in. Anyway, I hope things get better for you and you're able to find some way to alleviate your pain. We're here for you...

~Emily

Faith
11-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi texannie & ermerrif,

I have had costochrondritis also. I was told to not do any heavy lifting, and to use a heating bad to reduce the swelling. I ended up wearing a sports bra until the swelling went down. It took 3-4 days for it to return to normal.

Interestingly enough, you mentioned you are having a bout of Acid reflux (gerd). I usually will get a gerd attack prior to a really bad case of costochondritis. They seem to run hand in hand. I thought it was only me. The vibration you explained; I haven't experienced. You might want to call your rheumy and see what he suggests.

I hope you feel better.

Faith