PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm Trish and I new to the area and have lupus,gout

Trish42
11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
:( Hello everyone!
I have lupus now for 4years. I hurt all over like having the flu but not. I am half cherokee and appache and a touch of Irish. But anyway, I get spots on my arms when I'm out in the sun, my whole body aches, feet hurt especially when I get up in the mornings. I also have had back surgery 4 years ago, disc degenerative disease. So not only do I hurt all over and feel tired most of the time, very fatiged, don't help having gout either. At times I feel like I can't win for losing. But I understand what you all are going through and it feels good knowing that I'm not lonely with this disease. I also have a hard time with my eyes getting blurred, not often. Wish my husband would understand this disease. He don't go to the doctor with me but I understand he has to work. But I think he seems to try to understand but if you don't have lupus than you really dont' know what we go through. My mother also has lupus and we always talk to each other when we feel bad. When I have a good day( which is far and few between) man I cherish that day and wish that I felt that way all the time. I've been really depressed these few days, feeling pain and hurting too. It seems like it's too much to bare at times. I do take effexor cr but I've taken it for 3 years now, so I don't think it's working anymore which I will talk with my doctor about that and maybe he can switch my medicine that will work. I dread the holidays coming up for I don't feel good all the time. So I really appreciate you giving me the chance to share the disease that we all have and feel free to chat with me. I completely understand what your going through. I try to keep in mind that God will not put more on us than what we can handle.(hope I said that right?) my mind is not what it use to be and let me tell you about my hair. I use to have thick dark brown hair but now I have thin dark brown hair. That also depresses me too! I want you to know that I pray for other's that have this disease as well. It's no fun at all. :roll: [/i][/b]

Saysusie
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi Trish42;
Welcome to our family where you are most certainly are not alone. I know how being in constant pain and having debilitating fatigue can make you depressed. Depression is also very common with those of us who suffer with this disease. Having a place like this forum helps because here you will always find someone who understands, someone who will listen, someone who will have answers and someone who will let you know that you are not alone.
I'm glad that you are going to speak with your doctor about changing your medication. I truly believe that it is just as important to take care of our emotional health as it is to take care of our physical health. It is also important that we educate ourselves and our loved ones about this disease. Do you think that your husband would be willing to read some books about Lupus? If so, here are some suggestions:
* The Lupus Book : A Guide For Patients And Their Families
by Daniel Jeffrey Wallace
* Living with Lupus by Marietta Abrams Brill (Author)
* Taking Charge of Lupus:: How to Manage the Disease and Make the Most of Your LIfe - by Maureen Pratt

Please know that you can always come to us at anytime and there will always be someone here to help you and to listen to you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie