PDA

View Full Version : Where's Oluwa?

Pretti in Pink
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Has anyone heard from her or know if she on vacation, just missing her great posts?

SonyaLA
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I was wondering the same myself. She usually has posts going in several forums?

Sonya

hatlady
11-20-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm voting for her being on a fabulous surprise vacation, she's snuggled in front of a wonderful fireplace in a mountain lodge, overlooking a lovely valley filled with pine trees and snow....with no computer.

Yes, I've wondered where she is too - she is missed! Saying a prayer that she's well - and that she really is on vacation.

Saysusie
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
We have not heard from her or Browneyedgirl. The last time that Oluwa was away, she had indeed been ill. Same for Browneyed girl. I am with Hatlady in praying that they are both enjoying the Holiday season and that we will hear from them soon.
I will wait until after Thanksgiving before I send out the search parties :lol:
Thank you all for keeping me on my toes and for being so concerned!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
11-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I know Oluwa's husband travels a great deal - maybe she took a trip with him this time. Let's hope that's the reason!

Gisèle
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I miss both Oluwa and Browneyedgirl, I haven't seen them post in a while, and I really enjoy their posts. I really hope they are doing well!

Pretti in Pink
11-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Prayerfully, she's doing okay and traveling. She will be in my prayers.

Faith
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Ditto Pretty in Pink. I miss her too.

I am praying she is on a vacation.

Faith

mnjodette
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
We seem to be missing a few of our good friends lately: Browneyedgirl, Littlered, Beautiful Beluga...to mention a few. Hope all are well and just taking a break!!

Oluwa
12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Here I am....whew.. Thank you each and everyone for you concern, prayers...and being in your thoughts. It means a lot. Really.

Over the month I've been away, it was filled with lots of bad days and a quite a few good days too. Bad ones...Did two stints in the hospital. Many things were going on...in short, digestive tract went haywire in all phases. A mess. Liver toxicity. Lost to date 18 pounds. Pericardium. Depression. Coupled with the usual yuck-os that Lupus brings...I survived. Though I felt I wouldn't. Dehydrated. Felt emaciated and well, I looked the part. In the end, cause? I am still confused as I was told it could've, might've... liver stressed from prescription overload, digestion...Dumping Syndrome, bacteria in my tract, colitis. So they treated the symptoms. I felt I was in the series House.

Regardless of the title it was or wasn't given I am on the trail to being well. Off the steroids, no more antibiotics, no more opiates...just Plaquenil, Protonix and Cymbalta. Today, with the anti-depressant, (Cymbalta) I am feeling life is alright. At a moment, a long duration...I mean, during this last wipeout I had felt hopeless.

I went on and off Cymbalta twice thinking it was contributing to my system being in an uproar, but it wasn't. Though it gives me dilated eyes. I am glad I am dosing with it again. And they work so fast, returned my spirit to normal.

On Thanksgiving I gave thanks for my pain because I know I am alive. I gave thanks for dirty dishes because I know I have food and it is staying in me.

My sister came to my care with her twin boys. The belly laughs were exactly what my spirit needed..my ailments surrender to the laughs. And my husband has been very good to me. It has been a while since I felt like I was his girl. He worked from home for three weeks straight and left on an outbound flight yesterday.

My Mum-in-law arrived for the holiday and her and my sis took over the kitchen. Despite being on limited choice food menu I enjoyed every bite. Tomorrow I add whole foods...what will it be. So many items my mouth waters for.

I'm enjoying Sunday Services again...we adopted a few children for the holidays. So, I've been doing Internet shopping, fulfilling their wish lists while filling my heart with the wonderful feeling that giving gives.

I am alive...thank you for caring, for wondering, for being in your thoughts. And know, I care about each of you too.

Keep you all well I have asked of Him.
Love,
Oluwa

Saysusie
12-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Oluwa;
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear from you. I am so sorry that you've been ill and hospitalized again. But, boy am I glad to hear that you are on your way to feeling better. It warms my heart to hear how your family was there for you, especially in giving you the wonderful gift of "Belly Laughs". They say that laughter can cure all kinds of ailments and I am so glad that you got a holiday full.
You were missed and we were very concerned about you. We are truly happy that you are back with us! I loved the way that you gave thanks on Thanksgiving, we should all take a page from your book :D
Since you are on the road to recovery, I know that you will have a wonderful holiday season! All of your friends here are wishing that for you...you deserve it!

Welcome Home
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

hatlady
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
What a joy to see your post Oluwa and to know that you're back amongst us!

You've had a heck of a ride, I'm so glad to know you made it through!

Hugs of joy, relief, and warmth ---

Pretti in Pink
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Oluwa,

Nice to have you back and I'm sorry it wasn't all vacationing fun, but so happy you are doing better. :wink: And seems like you are right back in your usual spirit, giving of yourself.

mnjodette
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Oluwa, I am sooooo happy to have you back! You were sorely missed - your humor, your insight, your kindness. What a 'hole' you left in our little group! It makes me sad to know you went through such a bad patch, but I celebrate your recovery! :multi: It's so great to know that you had family caring for you - that means the world, doesn't it? I hope you're up to joining in from time to time. It'll be so nice to see your posts once again! Welcome back...

Jody

Gisèle
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Oluwa! Welcome back! I missed you and your great posts a lot. I am sosorry you haven't been feeling real well, but I am glad you are doing better and you made it out of that rough spot! Stay well! *HUGS*

SonyaLA
12-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Welcome Back Oluwa!

...so glad to have you back. Sent lots of prayers your way this past month...

Sonya

Faith
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Oluwa,

I am glad you are on the road back to feeling better. I am so sorry to hear about the 2 stints in the hospital. We all knew something was definately wrong; you post all the time!!

Well, glad to see you back. I hope they figure out what it is; and I am glad your hubby stayed with you.

Glad to see you back.

Faith :lol:

Oluwa
12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Jody, Faith, Saysusie, Gisele, Sonja, Pretty in Pink, Hatlady....

Too wonderful, too kind...you all are such great women. Thank you for such a warm and caring return, a lovely welcome indeed. Hugs, love and all that good stuff, all around to you too.

I thought of you all often...wanting to post but being in such a weird mental state I couldn't concentrate enough to write a blurb. My mind had felt like it was in the midst of a thaw. Coming out of a deep freeze. Slushy.

I still feel a tad weak, just upped my dose of Cymbalta to 60 mg. Kind of like being wired on a pot of black coffee coupled with exhaustion and the yawnies. I was told it would pass. I strom my fingers as I wait. My thoughts feel hopeful, for that I am greatful so I can tolerate the other side effects.

My digestive tract...still feels so weak. Throw up, dry heaves, diarhhea what an experience! Prior...literally what I ate, didn't stop to be absorbed. If it stayed down, the food zoomed through the maze and it left me the way it exactly look when I first ate it within 30 minutes. Not a change. TMI? I was supposed to add whole foods, but I feel so hestitant. My mind is scarred. I just added lightly steam carrots, still crunchy, instead of the baby food mush the other day. Maybe today I will try fresh greens, maybe eat the skins of a baked potato.

Other than all that, it is a beautiful day here in the south. Our leaves turned a Macintosh Red from the early frost. Fall just like up north. I love it.

I will look later and read the other forum's threads to see how life has been for you all.

Read you all later.
Hugs and thank you all again.
Oluwa :x-mas:

Pretti in Pink
12-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Glad you checked in and are still recovering well. Hang in there and keep peeking in on us.

Saysusie
12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I am so happy that you are still in good spirits. I do hope that you are able to get back to a regular diet. How did the greens turn out? I, myself, I LOVE potato skins :lol:

Take good care of yourself!!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

beautifulbeluga
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi Oluwa:

Glad to hear you are on the mend and back in the fold. I have been a bit absent myself lately but continue to read posts occasionally when time allows. This forum is like a family, when someone isn't heard from for a while everyone worries. Thank God for families.

Wishing you and your family all the best in the holiday season.............beautifulbeluga