PDA

View Full Version : BROWNEYEDGIRL CHECKING IN ON "FAV FAMILY"!!

browneyedgirl53
11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been away for awhile and thought I would drop in and see how the "family's" doing? I've missed you all....and I find myself like a parent with dozen's of kids going "where's Hatlady, I wonder how "Lilred" is....what's Suze doin' today"...where's beautifulbeluga off to these days...how's Morpheus.....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN??????

I've had some "deep" thinking to do recently because I found myself in a place that didn't feel right, wasn't helpful or beneficial to my heart. I have decided to change doctors because on my last visit I told the doctor I was having chest pains, couldn't breathe so well.....he looked at me and said "you're not that sick". Three hours later I woke up in the emergency room with blood clots in my lung. Needless to say - I haven't seen that jerk for a follow-up. It is always a difficult decision when you have a chronic illness and need to change doctors (there's just so much history,labs, hospitalizations, etc.) but I felt I really needed to find someone who was going to take me seriously, and my ABSOLUTE CAN'T DO WITHOUT CRITERIA was that whoever the next doctor will be is willing to allow me to be a partner in this patient process!! (I suppose it's a control freak issue - but I suppose if ever you could justify this personality trait - this would be the time - SMILE).

So with a tremendous amount of researching, web, patients, support groups, speciaists, other doctor referrals - I HAVE FINALLY FOUND a new lupus doctor. One that was willing to spend a couple of hours with me and heard me out in regards to what my needs, expectations, etc. were. It was absolutely refreshing! After I was all done....I got to the car and cried....tears of relief.

I've been maintaining fairly well and keeping out of public places so as to minimize the potential for getting colds and/or flu stuff. All in all, I'm feeling good, feeling blessed to be working...and thankful beyond words for this wonderful forum.....I LOVE 'WE HAVE LUPUS".....it sure feels good to be back "home again".

And how's everybody else doing? I would love to hear back from you...

Love ya,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey Guuurl.....
I was just about to put out an APB on you! I was going to give you until Monday to show up, but here you are!
First...I am soooooooo happy that you found a doctor who fits you and cares about you. I am proud of you for standing up and being an advocate for your health. I, personally, do not think that it is a control issue. I think that it is a necessity for all of us to be able to participate in our health care, be in on the decision making and work in tandem with our doctors. It is OUR RIGHT to do so! So, you have done the right thing!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well, but I am so happy that you are back and that you have support from your new doctor!
Welcome home my friend! You were missed!

Peace, Blessings and LOVE
Saysusie

browneyedgirl53
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks, love - it certainly has been a freeing exercise. Stretching muscles that my mind hadn't used in a long time. Our body has a way of talking to us and we're the only ones who can communicate the language of our own souls.

Need to run - love you all.
Browneyedgirl

mnjodette
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Always nice to 'see' your smiling face, Browneyedgirl! Glad you followed your heart and found a doctor that understands - how lucky I feel to have one that does. Please, please take care of yourself! You're such a special part of this family! Welcome back!

Jody

Pretti in Pink
11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Browneyedgirl,

Sorry to hear you went through that experience but glad to see you back and you came back in grand style, as usual. Your testimony of life was uplifting and encouraging.