PDA

View Full Version : "Normal" test results driving me batty.

also_ran
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Has anyone ever felt like they spend a good chunk of their lives running back and forth to doctor appointments/hospitals to get tests done, all in the name of finding out what exactly is wrong with you...only to get "normal" tests results?

It seems this is the case with me always. I could have all the classic symptoms/signs of an illness and all the tests I have done show nothing. At this point I'm starting to think with all the radiation that I've been exposed to over the years I will start glowing any day now. Even when I am having a "moderately severe" lupus flare, as the doctor put it, my bloodwork and such never seems to change much. It's very frustrating.

Now my doctor is sending me to get a CAT scan done because I get severe headaches everyday and they've tried every drug/therapy they could think of with no relief in sight. He thinks I might have a tumor. I don't know. Lately I've just been very exhausted.

Saysusie
11-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi;
I know how frustrating this can all be. Elsewhere in these forums, we've discussed the fact that it is possible to have Lupus even with negative lab results. So, even in that area, you are not alone!
I am sending you a warm hug to let you know that we understand and we are here for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Nekhbet
11-09-2007, 02:53 AM
{{hugz}} From another person who has to be feeling really awful before my test results go "slightly abnormal" I hear you. If I'm feeling moderatly crappy, I'm at the point where I don't go anymore. I know what the results are going to be already.

I'm always taking days/afternoons off work to go to yet another Drs appointment. I'm lucky they are understanding, but I feel guilty all the same. I feel like my life revolves around Drs appointments and tests. I have long cut out any appointment that I do not deem to be essential, just for my own sanity. I already have three Drs appointments booked for next week (all keepers) and I get to the point where I feel that attending them is using more energy then the lupus at times.

Hang in there- it will get better.

mnjodette
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I hear you! My tests are often within 'normal' range - even when I feel crummy. Last time - when I could hardly breath without pain, one test was 'slightly abnormal'. Sheesh! It IS frustrating. I'm back to monthly doctor's appointments (actually went 2 months between once - yippee) and blood tests in between. Yeah, my car could drive to the clinic all by itself I think. :lol: