PDA

View Full Version : Inflammation

WantItGone
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I have a question. . . is there anyone besides me who has experienced escalating inflammation? My inflammation started off two years ago in my forearms, wrists, forefinger, and thumb. That, and the aches, is what started this whole ordeal. My sed rate has always been higher than 45. . . usually over 65. Lately, I've begun to experience inflammation (at least that's what my rheumy thinks it is) in my abdomen, chest area, and my thighs. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Thanks in advance for your responses.

lornak
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I just wanted to say YEP! I have been there too. I am also new to this site and looking for answers, but I have felt the same as you have. my sed rate at its lowest is about 82. how long have you been diagnosed? my chest pain comes and goes. I have not found my "signal" yet as to when a "big one" is coming. I have more or less have been going with the flow.

WantItGone
10-31-2007, 05:30 AM
I just wanted to say YEP! I have been there too. I am also new to this site and looking for answers, but I have felt the same as you have. my sed rate at its lowest is about 82. how long have you been diagnosed? my chest pain comes and goes. I have not found my "signal" yet as to when a "big one" is coming. I have more or less have been going with the flow.

Wow. . . 82, that's high. I was diagnosed in Oct of 2005. So, it's been 2 full years now. I haven't found any signals either as to when a flare is coming. Well, actually that's not 100% true. My flares consistently get worse around 10 days before my menstrual cycle. . . i think this is called the luteal phase. But, I seem to be experiencing a flare now and I'm nowhere close to my cycle. Go figure?!

lornak
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
I feel the same way too as far as the cycles go. I have had to have a surgical proceedure done at the beginning of the year to stop my period. I forget what it was called but I still have all my parts, just dont get a period any more. it was getting too dangerous with the coumadin. I thought since I did not get a period, the cycle thing would go away, but it has not, it is just getting worse for me. I think I am beginning to flare myself. today I started to have problems walking again, very light headed, pain in my upper back and shoulders, and my chest is very heavy. at this time is when I SHOULD have my period. I have been having alot of pain in the middle of the cycle too, but nothing like now. none of my doctors can give me an answer to the question of hormons and how they relate to the flars. at this time of the month, I am just happy to be able to get out of bed and be able to walk.

WantItGone
11-01-2007, 06:50 AM
I feel the same way too as far as the cycles go. I have had to have a surgical proceedure done at the beginning of the year to stop my period. I forget what it was called but I still have all my parts, just dont get a period any more. it was getting too dangerous with the coumadin. I thought since I did not get a period, the cycle thing would go away, but it has not, it is just getting worse for me. I think I am beginning to flare myself. today I started to have problems walking again, very light headed, pain in my upper back and shoulders, and my chest is very heavy. at this time is when I SHOULD have my period. I have been having alot of pain in the middle of the cycle too, but nothing like now. none of my doctors can give me an answer to the question of hormons and how they relate to the flars. at this time of the month, I am just happy to be able to get out of bed and be able to walk.

This is interesting because I've been thinking about getting the depo provera shot to stop my period. I had it years ago and had no periods. So, I was thinking if I stopped my period, I'd skip over the luteal phase. I decided against it anyway, trying a steroid called depo-medrol instead. Hope you feel better soon.

Brinadd1
11-01-2007, 07:12 AM
I have a question. . . is there anyone besides me who has experienced escalating inflammation? My inflammation started off two years ago in my forearms, wrists, forefinger, and thumb. That, and the aches, is what started this whole ordeal. My sed rate has always been higher than 45. . . usually over 65. Lately, I've begun to experience inflammation (at least that's what my rheumy thinks it is) in my abdomen, chest area, and my thighs. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I tested neg for lupus, my mom has it and i have had small symptoms here and there.
But my dr had me retested (which came back neg too)
because i have had terrible inflammation with my hands! I cant even work it hurts so bad i could cry so i am on restrictions again. My pain is in my middle finger, thumb and wrists wich i had to have surgery on one wrist.
My surgeon told me i have the symptoms in my hands of having an inflammatory disease like lupus (this is before he even knew it ran in my family) So im wondering what are your exact symptoms in your hands? And is it possible to keep testing neg even if you do have it?

WantItGone
11-02-2007, 07:19 AM

I tested neg for lupus, my mom has it and i have had small symptoms here and there.
But my dr had me retested (which came back neg too)
because i have had terrible inflammation with my hands! I cant even work it hurts so bad i could cry so i am on restrictions again. My pain is in my middle finger, thumb and wrists wich i had to have surgery on one wrist.
My surgeon told me i have the symptoms in my hands of having an inflammatory disease like lupus (this is before he even knew it ran in my family) So im wondering what are your exact symptoms in your hands? And is it possible to keep testing neg even if you do have it?

Well, my exact symptoms (inflammation) in my wrists, forearms, and fingers feel like a burning sensation. It's an uncomfortable warmth. I've recently begun experiencing inflammation in my abdomen, rib cage, chest, and thighs. It's so hard to explain. In my wrists, forefingers, and thumbs, it feels like there's burning in the joint area. The inflammation everywhere else is just weird.

Hopefully someone will come along who can describe the inflammation better than i can. Also, i really don't know for sure if it's possible to keep testing negative for lupus even if you have it. Do you have any of the autoantibodies (e.g. ana, rna, anticoagulant)?