PDA

View Full Version : why does everything happen so fast?

lornak
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I have been diagnosed with Lupus for about 4 years now. the standard running back and forth to the Dr. for the first few months, trying new pills, I guess the normal stuff.

My main concern is that I am not sure why everything is happening so fast all of the sudden. in the past year I have had my gall bladder taken out. been diagnosed with TIA (that was interesting :shock: ), put on coumadin, diagnosed with IBS, and now I have been diagnosed with Celtic disease.

I am to the point that when something happens, I dont know who to turn to or what else they are gonna find. I am almost afraid to open up my mouth any more. In the past few months I have been having dizzy spells and really weird feelings in my legs. not pain, just walking along and it feels like I am stepping in a puddle, but there is nothing there.

anyone else start off this way, or am I totally nuts!

jgray71
10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I have been the same way for the last 4 years and was just diagnosed with Lupus. I still have my gallbladder but not my cervix or uterus. I just went to an eye Dr for dbl vision and dizziness along with dry eye's and light sensitivity. Eye Dr told me I needed contacts or glasses and GP told me it was symptoms of Lupus. Grrrrrrr I think Dr's wanna make money and that's really all they care about.

I am sorry your going through all this it really sucks, especially when it hits so fast. My prayers are with you and I hope you feel better really soon.

lornak
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I have been so tired lately and I am finding that my thought processes are not what they used to be. I am not on anything but pain meds, that is because I am allergic to the plaq. tried it 3x. its a no go and the alternitives dont sound too good to me. I have only missed 4 days of work this year so far. I am in customer service and it is hard to keep a smile on your face when you cant even type because your fingers hurt so bad. how do others handle this? I dont want to give up, I am not ready yet. I am 39 and still want to have fun. the brain is willing but the body is not following.

Saysusie
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
The problem is that Lupus is an unpredictable disease and it changes within us. New symptoms appear and old symptoms may disappear and/or worsen. Lupus flares are also unpredictable and can occur suddenly and each new flare can be completely different from the last flare you had.
When your Lupus is in a flare, it can attack several organs in your body at the same time.
Some of us can have Lupus for years without having any serious flares and then, suddenly, our flares are serious and affecting many parts of our body. There is really no way of knowing why this occurs and, therefore, no way to answer your question except to say that this is the henious nature of the disease. :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lornak
10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Any one know if this is gonna get worse with menopase? just wondering since I feel alot worse durring certin times of the month