PDA

View Full Version : Depo-Medrol and Medrol Dose Pack

WantItGone
10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if any one has heard of these two forms of medications. My rheumatologist has been wanting me to take this steroid because I pretty much have aches, inflammation, and swelling every day and she says the steroid can reduce some of the symptoms. I have been on Plaquenil for over a year. I don't think Plaquenil ever really worked. I don't know if it's just mental but it seemed like all the supplements (e.g. selenium, vitamin e, msm, flax seed and fish oil) I was taking were working for months. That's stopped. So, I'm tired of all the symptoms and feel like just going ahead and either taking the oral dosage or getting the injection. I'm just wondering if anyone else is taking either of the meds. And, if so, what type of results have you experienced.

Faith
10-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi WantItGone, :wink:

I am replying to your post about Depo-Medrol and Medrol Dose Packs. I have taken Medrol Dose Packs and the following was my experience: endless amounts of energy so much so couldn't sleep at night. I was the Energizer Bunny Rabbit. Since Medrol is really Prednisone. I had mood swings, and it is absorbed by your organs. Oh, and the wonderful weight gain; grrrrrr!!

A alternative suggestion is a Kenalog shot as it removes inflammation; but is not absorbed by the organs. It does not keep you up all night long; I now only take Kenalog shots. That is strictly my preference. You are able to have up to 4 per year or 1 every 3 mos. I felt much better by day 3, slept and didn't pick up weight either. You may want to talk to your Rhuemy about possibly including medrol dose packs or Kenalog shots as needed during flares.

I was told by my Rhuemy that the next step would be Methotrexate pills (chemo). Side effects are nausea, vomitting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. The other issue was there is a higher chance of cancer if Methotrexate is taken. I think that is what I read or heard. Needless to say, I am on Plaquenil with 3 month Kenalog shots as needed only.

Do you have your eyes checked every 6 months by an Optometrist? Just curious; I was told to due to the side effects of the Plaquenil.

Let me know which route you decide to go. I hope the info. helped.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Gisèle
10-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I have never taken those, but I read a biography recently of a woman with lupus and she took medrol. After years, she ended up having some rather serioius problems from damage it did to her bones and muscles over the years she took it. The book is called Lupus: Living with it,by Suzy Szasz(good book, btw). But, she did take it long term(years), so I guess like any steroid, anyone would experience those effects.
Not sure if that helped, just thought I would share that information incase you do consider taking it long-term.
Hope you are feeling well!

WantItGone
10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi WantItGone, :wink:

I am replying to your post about Depo-Medrol and Medrol Dose Packs. I have taken Medrol Dose Packs and the following was my experience: endless amounts of energy so much so couldn't sleep at night. I was the Energizer Bunny Rabbit. Since Medrol is really Prednisone. I had mood swings, and it is absorbed by your organs. Oh, and the wonderful weight gain; grrrrrr!!

A alternative suggestion is a Kenalog shot as it removes inflammation; but is not absorbed by the organs. It does not keep you up all night long; I now only take Kenalog shots. That is strictly my preference. You are able to have up to 4 per year or 1 every 3 mos. I felt much better by day 3, slept and didn't pick up weight either. You may want to talk to your Rhuemy about possibly including medrol dose packs or Kenalog shots as needed during flares.

I was told by my Rhuemy that the next step would be Methotrexate pills (chemo). Side effects are nausea, vomitting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. The other issue was there is a higher chance of cancer if Methotrexate is taken. I think that is what I read or heard. Needless to say, I am on Plaquenil with 3 month Kenalog shots as needed only.

Do you have your eyes checked every 6 months by an Optometrist? Just curious; I was told to due to the side effects of the Plaquenil.

Let me know which route you decide to go. I hope the info. helped.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Wow. . . thanks soooo much for all the information. I was thinking more so of taking the depo-medrol because my rheumatologist said it sometimes works quicker to get rid of the aches and inflammation. she has told me on many occasions that the probability of weight gain is sooo small since it's just a one time injection. . . as opposed to taking it for an extended period of time. so, i'm very surprised that you had the experience of gaining weight. can i ask, did your appetite increase or was the weight gain due to water retention? even the nurse who i spoke with yesterday told me she's never seen any of the patients going to my rheumy gain weight on depo-medrol.

i'll definitely ask about kenalog before getting the injection. i'm wondering why she didn't mention that. thank God for this site. i know my experience might not be the same as yours but it's just comforting to actually talk to someone who had experience with that particular medication. i'm not necessarily concerned about the hyperactivity. i could use a little of that. i definitely don't need the mood swings!!

i do have my eyes examined every 6 months by an opthamologist because of the plaquenil. thanks for asking. i'm happy the kenalog works for you. i really didn't want to take any type of steroid simply because of the chance of weight gain. i only weigh 110 pounds and i intend on keeping it that way. if the weight gain is because of increased appetite, then i'm not concerned. if it's because of any other reason. . . i am. thanks so much for all of your help!

WantItGone
10-30-2007, 02:27 PM
I have never taken those, but I read a biography recently of a woman with lupus and she took medrol. After years, she ended up having some rather serioius problems from damage it did to her bones and muscles over the years she took it. The book is called Lupus: Living with it,by Suzy Szasz(good book, btw). But, she did take it long term(years), so I guess like any steroid, anyone would experience those effects.
Not sure if that helped, just thought I would share that information incase you do consider taking it long-term.
Hope you are feeling well!

thank you! well, medrol comes in two forms (at least that's how i understood it). you can get depo-medrol (an injection) or medrol dose-packs. both are taken for a very short amount of time. actually, the injection is a one time thing as needed. my rheumy says it lasts a month. i think that's what she said. the medrol dose-pack is a pill and i believe you take it for so many days (maybe a week from what i remember). so, although they are both steroids, they don't have the same long lasting effects.

hope you're feeling well 2!!

Faith
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I took the pill form; was hungary all the time. I am not a big eater; finally drank water all the time and chewed gum. Still picked up weight. I have a friend who was on 40 mg prednisone per day and her organs are worn out from taking the pills.

A suggestion the rhuemy made was to get gammogloblin shots every 3 months; which I do. I noticed it has helped me not get every cold, flu, etc. that is going around.

I would probably look at the Kenalog shots since they last 3 mos. instead of the other shot that lasts for one month. Just a suggestion; less pain for more time.

I hope this has helped. Remember, you are not alone. Anytime you want to chat, I am here.

Take care,

Faith :)

WantItGone
10-31-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

I took the pill form; was hungary all the time. I am not a big eater; finally drank water all the time and chewed gum. Still picked up weight. I have a friend who was on 40 mg prednisone per day and her organs are worn out from taking the pills.

A suggestion the rhuemy made was to get gammogloblin shots every 3 months; which I do. I noticed it has helped me not get every cold, flu, etc. that is going around.

I would probably look at the Kenalog shots since they last 3 mos. instead of the other shot that lasts for one month. Just a suggestion; less pain for more time.

I hope this has helped. Remember, you are not alone. Anytime you want to chat, I am here.

Take care,

Faith :)

Hi Faith,

Thanks so much for all of your help. You mention pain when talking about the shot. Does it hurt much? I thought it was just a simple injection, whether it's Kenalog or Depo-Medrol.

Faith
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I don't mind at all; I wish I had found this forum when I had a lot of questions in the beginning. It helps to understand the pros and cons.

No, that's not the pain I was talking about. The shot is not painful at all. What I meant is get the most bang for your shot.

Kenalog lasts 3 mos and the other shot lasts one month. I meant you would have less pain over a 3 month span with the Kenalog than the other shot which lasts only one month. Kenalog stays in your system longer and you will experience less pain overall. You would not be into the dr. every month either getting the other shot, paying co-pays, etc.

I am sorry I didn't explain very well. I hope this helps some. Let me know what your doc says, and what you decide.

Take care,

Faith

WantItGone
11-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

I don't mind at all; I wish I had found this forum when I had a lot of questions in the beginning. It helps to understand the pros and cons.

No, that's not the pain I was talking about. The shot is not painful at all. What I meant is get the most bang for your shot.

Kenalog lasts 3 mos and the other shot lasts one month. I meant you would have less pain over a 3 month span with the Kenalog than the other shot which lasts only one month. Kenalog stays in your system longer and you will experience less pain overall. You would not be into the dr. every month either getting the other shot, paying co-pays, etc.

I am sorry I didn't explain very well. I hope this helps some. Let me know what your doc says, and what you decide.

Take care,

Faith

Gotcha! Just wanted to make sure. I talked with my rheumatologist yesterday and she said she doesn't give the kenalog shot but it's the same thing as Depo-Medrol (both steroids). So, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the injection tomorrow morning. I'm not as worried about weight gain since it simply makes you hungrier. I can handle that. I just thought the weight gain might be due to water retention or something out of my control. I don't think I'll need to go in every month either. My flares are for the most part tolerable. Right now, it's not. That's why I need something else. So, I'm praying that I'll just need to go in every now and then to get an injection when I can't tolerate the symptoms. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks so much for all of your advice and helpful words! Don't know what I'd do without this site.

Faith
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

Let me know how you feel after you get it. It will probably take a day or two to really kick in. I take it only as needed; mainly flares. It does help lessen inflammation and you feel better.

Good luck, take care, and let us know how you are feeling. It's a short term miracle cure.

Faith

WantItGone
11-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

Let me know how you feel after you get it. It will probably take a day or two to really kick in. I take it only as needed; mainly flares. It does help lessen inflammation and you feel better.

Good luck, take care, and let us know how you are feeling. It's a short term miracle cure.

Faith

Ok, thanks so much!!!

WantItGone
11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

Faith

Well, I got my depo medrol injection about 3 hours ago. I'm praying it works and gets rid of some of this inflammation. I can almost tolerate the aches, the inflammation is what really makes me feel sick. I'll keep you guys updated. The shot didn't hurt at all. I mean, it was a little pinch but nothing worse than a depo provera shot (I got those for over 4 years). So, all in all, I'm happy so far. Just want it to start working!

Faith
11-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

You are on your way to feeling sooo much better. No, the shot is not bad at all. It will go away as long as you take it easy too. Tomorrow you will feel better, and then Sunday you should notice a huge difference hopefully. Usually on day 3, I almost feel like a normal human being. I really prefer the shots; and I think it's a safer way to go than the pills.

Keep us posted. I am glad the inflammation is down. I am sending you gentle hugs.

Take care,

Faith :D

WantItGone
11-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

You are on your way to feeling sooo much better. No, the shot is not bad at all. It will go away as long as you take it easy too. Tomorrow you will feel better, and then Sunday you should notice a huge difference hopefully. Usually on day 3, I almost feel like a normal human being. I really prefer the shots; and I think it's a safer way to go than the pills.

Keep us posted. I am glad the inflammation is down. I am sending you gentle hugs.

Take care,

Faith :D

Thanks Faith! I can tell a little that the inflammation is lessening. I'm trying not to think about it too much though. I want to wake up one day and realize that I haven't complained of aches and pains in days. Feeling like a normal human being. . . such an awesome thought. Thanks for even typing that, just the thought brought joy to my soul. :)

I'm scheduling an appointment with my rheumatologist right now though. I've had 4 incidents now in which I've experienced chest pain/pressure. I think I posted in someone else's thread about it. I had it twice during my sleep last month, a couple days ago while driving, and then last night. It's really uncomfortable. I don't know if this is the pericarditis or not. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'd never experienced this chest pain until last month. It's really scary because now I'm thinking, I don't know when it'll happen. What if I'm in a meeting. It's kind of difficult to talk when it happens because it kind of takes your breath away. Have you experienced this?

WantItGone
11-04-2007, 06:30 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know how the depo medrol is working. I am so pleased with the effects. Although I was very resistant to steroids in the beginning, I'm so happy I got the injection. The inflammation is pretty much gone. Even in my wrists (at least right this moment) and that area is usually consistently inflammed. So, just wanted to give a status report. I kind of feel a little goofy now for not gettin it sooner :oops: Hey, you live and learn. I think I was trying to be a "toughie" and just handle the pain. Thank God for medicine!

Faith
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

Glad to hear you are feeling better and the inflammation is gone. I call the Kenalog shot the "miracle cure." I am glad you updated us with a status. I think we all try to "tough" it out, but in the long run (and with experience myself) it doesn't help. :oops:

I am so happy for you. I enjoyed chatting with you. See, you don't have to be "tough" all the time. What's on the agenda this week, maybe a walk? The shot makes you feel like you can conquer the world. I always felt better after the shot; almost like my old self.

Take care.

God Bless,

Faith 8)

Faith
11-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I am glad you are feeling better. You had mentioned the chest pain. This could be pericarditis; and yes I have experienced it. You should talk with your rheumy about it. I was told to rest. It seemed to eventually go away.

Take care.

Faith

WantItGone
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I am glad you are feeling better. You had mentioned the chest pain. This could be pericarditis; and yes I have experienced it. You should talk with your rheumy about it. I was told to rest. It seemed to eventually go away.

Take care.

Faith

Ok. Thanks Faith. I actually haven't experienced it since the last time.

Wanted to give an update. Can I just say that Depo Medrol is a miracle drug?!? Seriously, I was extremely hesitant about taking a steroid but lets just say that I will definitely get it again in 2 months. It's amazing. As others have stated, I feel like my old self. My normal day consisted of counting how many times I felt achy and inflamed. My left wrist is inflammed every now and then and my shoulders ache every so often but since getting the injection, I've not experienced ANY inflammation or aches in any other part of my body. Thank God for medication. I can't believe I was such a dummy for waiting so long. Good luck and God bless everyone experiencing discomfort and pain right now. I'm thankful my pain was easily remedied.

WantItGone
12-15-2007, 09:15 AM
hi everyone,

just wanted to give an update to all those who might be interested in getting the depo medrol injection after reading my post. i believe i received the injection on nov 2 and it pretty much wore off the beginning of this week, so the 10th of december. i thank God for the results i did get. the results were miraculous. i felt back to my old self and went days with no aches or inflammation. even those days where i had aches and inflammation were very minimal.

so, i went to see my rheumy yesterday to inquire about kenalog again (i think it was faith who told me she had longer lasting results with kenalog). my rheumy told me that kenalog was actually only 40mg of steroid whereas the depo medrol was more, 80mg. so, for whatever reason, she thought it wouldnt last as long as the depo medrol did. so, we came up with a brilliant solution. at least i hope. she doesn't want to keep injecting me with depo medrol (i asked if we could inject every 6 weeks) because she said that's too much steroid in my body @ one time. she wanted to prescribe prednisone but i didn't want to because of the risk for weight gain. that is one of my biggest concerns, i know. . . sounds vain but hey, i gotta be comfortable. so, we decided that i would get one last injection and she prescribed methotrexate. thankfully, wehavelupus.com is the most amazing site ever, so i already know what it was. so, i start that monday. the methotrexate should be kicking in when the depo medrol is wearing off. so, for now i'm very pleased. i'll keep you guys update.

Faith
12-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi Want It Gone, :lol:

I am glad to hear the update, and that it was a compromise. It sounds like you have rhuemy that listens to you which is good. I think it was much smarter to take Methotrexate than prednisone. I hope the Methotrexate works well for you.

My friend, who was on prednisone for 15 years, is now having all sorts of problems due to the prednisone and went off of it. Weight gain was the smallest part of it; even though she was 100 plus lbs over weight. She was having cardiac problems not to mention many, many other prednisone related problems, etc. :oops: It sounds as if you made a good sound decision!!

I didn't realize you were getting 80 mg of depo medrol. I usually take 60 mg of Kenalog every 3 mos or when in a flare whichever comes first though I have to admit my leash is getting shorter with my rheumy. You know by experience you will feel as good as new by mid week hopefully. Keep us updated on how the Methotrexate works; and hopefully you will feel better soon.

Take care & Merry Christmas,

Faith 8)

WantItGone
12-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Faith!

Yeah, I think that was a good decision to go with the methotrexate. My rheumy is amazing. She listens to me and what I want. She's extremely sympathetic. We have come up with so many compromises. Thankfully, I only had to experience to other people before her. I was extremely dissatisfied with both of them. I'm looking forward to feeling good. Hope all is well with you. You enjoy the holidays!

WantItGone
12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
hi faith,

i've got a question. if anyone else has any input, please give it. friday was the second time i've received the depo medrol injection. november 2 was the first time. as stated in previous posts, i had amazing results within several days. i wish i'd kept a journal to note each day how i felt. this time seems to be a little different. i have aches and inflammation that i never had. for instance, my upper back feels inflammed. my abdomen was inflammed before the first injection. that is what motivated me to get it. i can't stand that feeling of inflammation in my abdomen. now, my arm (between my elbow and shoulder) hurts. only my left arm. last night, one of my thighs felt the same as my arm. it's not a burning sensation, it just hurts. i guess i'm wondering if the steroid increasingly becomes less potent. i wouldn't expect that to be the case since this is only my 2nd injection. i'm also wondering if maybe my body is more inflammed now than in november and it's harder for the steroid to work. let me know what you think. hope all is well with you (and everyone else)!

Faith
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi,

The steriod is not less potent; you may be more inflammed than you were in November. Also cold and temperature changes also really effect Lupus and Fibromyalgia as does rain and snow.

You mentioned your upper back; does it feel like you have pulled muscles and it hurts with every movement or is it more of a burning sensation? The arm and leg sounds like regular aches and pains with Lupus. Remember, give the shot three to four days to take effect and then you will feel awesome hopefully by Thursday or Friday just in time for Christmas. Hang in there and take some liquid filled Advil; that helps with the aches and pains sometimes. If that does not work, I would talk to your rheumy.

I look forward to your response, and I hope you feel better soon. I think I am coming down with a cold which in turn is causing a flare. I am loading up on Vitamin C, and hoping I can fight it off before Christmas.

Take care,

Faith

WantItGone
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Faith,

Can I just say I don't know what I'd do without you and this site. :) For real. I'm so happy you told me the steroid is less potent. I was beginning to feel depressed thinking it wouldn't work the same way as it did in November.

The pain in my back (which by the way I haven't felt in the last few hours so hopefully the steroid is beginning to take effect) is both a burning sensation and pulled muscles. I will definitely go get the liquid filled advil right now and take as needed. Thanks soooo much for all of your care and concern. I'm so sorry you're coming down with a cold! One thing I will say, since being diagnosed with lupus, I can't even count on one hand the times that I've gotten a cold or the flu. I'm 33 and all my life I've been the sick kid in the fam. I truly think all of the supplements and better eating have definitely prevented me from getting sick. I hope your cold clears up really quickly. If I don't bug you again with any questions by xmas, have a happy one!

Faith
12-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Want It Gone,

Your body will get used to the steroids, but it depends on how inflammed you are too. Don't get depressed; it takes time and you just have to wait it out. I am here anytime; please feel free to email me anytime you have questions.

Now, I have a question for you. When is your next rhuemy appt? The pulled muscles and burning sensation in your upper back sounds like fibromyalgia which is usually diagnosed secondary to Lupus. Most Lupus patients, 60%, get Fibromyalgia. How do I know? I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Most of us have it. Have you been more tired lately?

The pulled muscles and burning, more especially, is Fibromyalgia. What does this mean? I had to add Flexerill 10mg in the evenings to relax my muscles. I take 5 mg. at 7:00 pm and the remaining 5 mg. at 8:00 pm. This relaxes the muscles enough to allow you to sleep; I would definately talk to your rhuemy about it and see if the Flexerill helps. Nothing to worry or stress over; you might be more predisposed to getting colder when outside. I get the burning shooting pains in the upper back, and also lower back to buttocks to back of my legs.

I hope my cold clears up soon too. I was the sick one in the family and took all the supplements too. How ironic, huh? Please feel free to bug me anytime. Let me know Friday if the pain in burning pain in the back is gone. Take it easy and don't hesitate to email.

Faith :lol:

WantItGone
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
thanks faith! i will definitely be emailing you. it's so funny that you mention fibromyalgia because i was telling my husband that i think i have it. i googled muscle aches yesterday and came up with the term myalgia and i'm thinking to myself "fibromyalgia. . . myalgia. . . is there a connection? i hope i don't have it. is there any type of diagnostic test to determine if i have it? i think i have a skewed understanding of the disorder. reason being, a friend of mine and i were talking last year. another colleague of ours has fibromyalgia. i was saying i felt bad for our colleague. she told me that fibromyalgia is a mental health disorder (due to stress) as opposed to a physical one. she went on to explain that lupus is physical and fibro is more so mental. i've done my research and found that some people say it is mental and others say it is physical. so, i don't know. i'm still a little confused about it. i'll talk w/my rheumy about it.

flexerill sounds like a good plan. when you said "lower back to buttocks to back of my legs" i literally dropped my jaw! that's exactly what's going on. i need to just get more info on fibromyalgia. i guess i'm just hoping i don't have an additional diagnosis, no matter if it's due to stress of a physical disorder. i haven't felt the burning in my back since earlier this morning. so, i think the steroid is taking effect. i truly hope that your cold clears up. that is sooo ironic that you were the sick one and took all the supplements. we have a lot in common. look forward to talking to you soon. feel better!! thanks again for all of your advice.

Faith
12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I am glad your upper back is feeling better. If you want to find more info out about Fibromyalgia; check out your on-line library system or Amazon for Daniel J. Wallace's book Fibromyalgia. Daniel J. Wallace is a world re-known expert in Lupus & Fibromyalgia. It explains everything in greater detail. I have noted that when it rains or it is cold; the Fibromyalgia kicks in. Most of us with Lupus have Fibromyalgia. It's not a mental illness; more so a neuron wire in the brain that is gone awry and transmits pain.

A diagnosis of Fibromyalgia is when (mmm, I think) you have 11 sore points in your body upper and lower quadrants. Believe me, I did not want another diagnosis either; and was upset which made it worse. I finally read Dr. Wallace's book and understood more about it. I had a inkling, but I didn't want to admit that I had it. I took a shortcut to my rhuemy (through an awful canyon that was bumpy) in September and by the time I arrived in his office; I was shuffeling and in pain from the ride. The rhuemy asked where; and started light touches to upper and lower back quadrants; and I winced and shied away in pain.

I was really embarrassed last year, prior to Flexerill, because I couldn't get out of my husband's truck without his help. It hurt sooo bad that I felt about 80 (I'm 40) and I shuffled instead of walking. I really wanted to just cry and go home; but I was mad and stubborn and determined to not let this disease take me down.

By Christmas last year, I couldn't sleep in my own bed because it was too painful. A neighbor whom has Lupus/Fibro suggested a Temperpedic bed. My doctor wrote a note that it was medically necessary and my hubby went online to Costco. If it is medically necessary and you have a dr's note; it is considered a medical write-off on your taxes. He purchased a Novafoam bed for one-third of the cost of the Temperpedic, and it was delivered 3 days later. I can't tell you how much it changed my sleeping habits; I could once again sleep in my own bed comfortably!! I also purchased Novafoam pillows this year at Costco and it eased the neck pain at night. Huge difference!!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email. I hope you feel better soon. Hey, a little cold is nothing this time of year compared to sleeping on my coach for three weeks this time last year. lol. Merry Christmas!!

Take care,

Faith 8)

WantItGone
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Gosh! Faith I feel so horrible for you. My back pain definitely isn't to the point of yours. Although it went away for a brief period, it's coming and going. Like now for instance. :( It's more like you said, it feels like a pulled muscle. I'll definitely talk with my rheumy about it and get the book you suggested. I'm looking forward to becoming more informed about fibromyalgia. You take care and get some rest on that comfy sounding bed of yours! : ) Happy holidays!

Faith
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

Don't feel bad for me; it's okay it comes with the territory. I am sorry if I sounded like I was whining. If it's not under control, it can escalate. Many times, it's suggested the cortisone shots be directed shot into the areas where the pain is located.

I am glad you are going to talk with your rheumy about it; she needs to know your symptoms. The book is great and very often accessable from your local library. You take care and I hope you feel better soon!! Rest and pace yourself.

Happy holidays & God Bless,

Faith

WantItGone
12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Faith,

You're right. I shouldn't feel bad for any of us, it comes with the territory as you stated. But, when I read about others stories (like yours) I feel like I'm the one who's whining. :) Compared to all that you're going through, I should count my blessings. But, I guess you could say the same thing hearing of another person who might be experiencing even worse of a flare. I feel bad for us all @ times. Lupus is just a dumb disease that I just don't get! Lol. I'm having one of those nights. Anyway, no use in feeling sorry for ourselves, right? You totally weren't whining. If anything, you sound extremely optimistic and have been so much of help for a lot of people on here. Take good care of yourself and rest up. Hope you're feeling better soon. And, I'm definitely getting that book. I have two weeks off (I work for the school system) so I'll have something to keep me busy. Thanks a bunch for the referral!

Faith
12-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

You are so not whining; more of not knowing what is going on and why. Thank you for the optomistic words; I really try to help others understand symptoms, etc, because I was in the same boat. There was no one to talk to or ask questions of. Lupus is a stupid disease. lol. Sooo, how are you feeling? Any better or the same?

Well happy reading!! I plan on the same for the next two weeks as I also have Winter break. Sleep in, watch some movies, read a couple of books. We have more in common. Take care & Merry Christmas!!

God Bless you & yours,

Faith 8)