PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all of you!

littlered
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I am doing just great! My ANA levels are 1 to 7 now, so my doc says I'm my lupus is in an "inactive" state. It worked! The methotrexate that I puked with, cursed and hated really and truly WORKED!
I know I've been absent, and I apologize for that, but I've been real, real busy. I substitute practically every day now at my husband's high school. It's kind of fun...one day I'm History, the next I'm Algebra, and so on. The teachers all know that if it's simple enough, I'll actually teach the lesson. If it's over my head (like calculus) they know to leave lots of "busy" work. More importantly, the kids know, too. This is a small school (300 kids) and I've gotten to know most of them, and they know that a sub day is a work day like any other. I just brought home my first full paycheck in over two years, and MAN IT FEELS GOOD!
I currently take a small dose (only 2.5 mg of Prednisone EVERY OTHER DAY), the regular dose of Plaquenil, Gabapentin for my leg (though it's not bothering me and probably won't til cold weather sets in) along with a 2.5 weekly dose of MTX. I only have to see my doc once per month, unless something else happens, like if I get sick. I have a cold right now, and if it doesn't get better soon, I'll go in.
Life is good, better than good. As I see it, God kept me here for a reason, and I'm out living it.
I hope all of YOU are doing well, too. I promise, I'll try to stop in more often. For those of you on myspace, msg me and I'll let you know how to find me there. HUGS!!!!

Saysusie
10-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Littlered :lol:
It is SOOO good to hear from you. It's been quite a while hasn't it? And, to hear such good news from you is absolutely wonderful!! You are working, bringing home money and you feel good! I can't think of any better news to hear and for you to share.
I am also happy to hear that you are now tolerating the Methotrexate and that it did, indeed, work for you. I suppose that you body just had to acclimate itself to the drug.
Do not worry about being away. As long as you are doing well, are happy and enjoying life, we will not worry when you are absent. Being absent for those reasons is not only allowable, it is encouraged!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello Littlered,

Woohoo..Jump, jump, happy, happy, joy, joy! I hear your joy, I feel your joy! And a check to proof it....How great is that!

I am glad you're here. Indeed the good Lord has a plan for you. He is showing you...keeping looking, your story will unfold.

Hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
WOW, WOW, WOW! What wonderful news, Littlered! Isn't it just amazing that what you waited for so long, and prayed for, and dreamed of is finally here? I'm so glad the Mtx worked for you. Whenever someone is 'absent' around here, it's just great to hear that it's because they've been too busy with LIFE to check in! I hope you continue to do well. I'm inspired by your progress. God bless!

(((Hugs)))

Jody

Pretti in Pink
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Littlered,

I'ts always good to hear how the LORD is moving in one's life. I am happy to hear the joy in your voice (words since it's cyberspace). I pray that GOD continue to keep you uplifted, keep healing, and you keep on keepin on!

Oluwa
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey Littlered..

How goes life? Still reeling in the dough? I hope IT is still in a hiatus state...

Your last post was filled with such joy. I hope it has continued...and life has been full and rewarding...

Thinking of you...It' Spring....Happy Spring!

Hugs,
Oluwa