PDA

View Full Version : ANY WORD ABOUT ST. JAMES?

browneyedgirl53
10-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Suze,

St. James has been on my mind so much recently. I'm worried.
Have you heard anything lately? If you are in touch with him, will you please tell him that we miss him and that he's in our prayers?

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Browneyedgirl :lol:
You must have a sixth-sense radar!! I just got an e-mail from St. James TODAY!! :lol:
He is still improving slowly, but steadily. He is most happy about being able to discontinue the use of Morphine for pain (even though his pain levels are still high, he is now able to deal with them without the morphine). That alone has brought about a better quality of life for him.
He did have a set back due to his diabetes which he is trying hard to get under control. But otherwise, he is still fighting the good fight. I will call him on Wednesday after his doctor's appointment in order to get a detailed update!
Once again...he sends his love to everyone and hopes to be back here in a couple of months!

You are amazing gurlfren!
:wink:
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

browneyedgirl53
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Suze. You take such good care of us all. I appreciate you so very much.

Hope you're day is going well.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Browneyedgirl;
We are in the midst of re-decorating and are painting right now. Furniture is sitting in the middle of each room, covered in tarps - can't find anything - sleeping on the mattress on the living room floor 'cuz the paint smell is so strong in our bedroom :lol:
It's actually been kinda fun; ordering out for dinner - renting movies and sleeping in front of the fireplace. I may be sad when it's all over and done :D
NOT!!!!!! I will love the finished product with new furniture, carpet etc. So, my days have been very busy (which I really need at this time of year!)

Hope you are well and things are going well with you. Are you feeling ok?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

browneyedgirl53
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I'M SO JEALOUS !!!!! not really, I'm more excited than anything - isn't it so exciting when you're making changes THAT YOU GET TO BE IN CONTROL OF ....FOR A CHANGE? heee heee heee

I've been working, pacing myself, really learning to pay attention to my body. Something I've never done before. Knowing how bad off I was before, I am so scared to go down that road again - so I am really trying to "take it easy" - not over commit and not try to conquer the world by five o'clock (smile).

You'll have to take p ictures and email me your finished results!!!! I've been wanting to paint my bedroom for the last two years - and now that the rains have set in - I'm sure it would take two years for the paint to dry (heee ).

I love you sistah, stay well - be happy.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I will send you pictures of the finished products. What is so extraordinary about this particular job is that, after 7 years, I am finally re-doing Lauri's bedroom, her bathroom and her office. I had been loath to touch those rooms or to make any changes whatsoever. But, during this entire project, I've felt remarkably happy and rejuvenated. It was almost as is she was saying..."Well, it's about time MOM!!" :lol: She had painted a mural on her bedroom walls. I took a picture of the mural, copied it and enlarged it and had it matted and framed. It now hangs on the wall over the bed!. Anyway, we were painting on her birthday and it was actually the first time in 7 years that I was showing signs of joy on her birthday, especially before my rehearsal, the band let me sing three songs to her!!
I just think that it is remarkable that we did this at this time of year and that it actually felt good (after dreading making any changes for the past 7 years!)
So, emotionally, I am doing much better than in the past. Physically, I am drained and am resting this week. I noticed that I had a slight fever and my son and my husband ordered me to bed immediately! I am emotionally on a high and physically wiped out :lol: Funny huh?

Please continue to take care of yourself. I pray that you never have to go through what you went through before. We were all so worried for you and so happy when you were finally able to tell us that you were better. Yes, take it easy, pace yourself and do all that you can to stay as healthy as you can!
With Much Love
Saysusie

magistramarla
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Suze,
Your post made me cry! I have four adult daughters, and two of them drive me crazy with always being around. The one who lives in NY calls and checks in often, so I hear from her, even though I don't see her much. Crazy as they all make me, I don't know what I would do without one of them (or the aggravating son, for that matter). What you do for others in your daughter's name is a very loving and wonderful tribute.
With lots of admiration and support for you,
Marla

Saysusie
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Thank you so much :lol:
I spoke with a friend the other day who stated that she was finally going home to visit her parents and that she was taking her significant other with her. She hoped that her parents would not slam the door in her face. I asked how long had it been since she saw her parents and she replied that she had not spoken to her mother in over 8 years. When she told her mother that she was a lesbian, her mother disowned her, told her that she did not have a daughter and that as far as she was concerned, her daughter was dead.
I broke down and cried heavily when she told me that (I think my reaction scared her a bit!). I told her to give her mother my telephone number so that I could tell her that she should thank God for every moment that she had her daughter here on earth; that I could tell her exactly how it felt to truly have a daughter who was 'dead' and that she really did not want to experience that feeling; that our children are precious gifts from GOD and that they should be cherished, regardless of who they choose to love; and speaking of love.......Love is a gift itself and if our child finds someone who loves them, honors them, cherishes them..we should be happy for that -no matter who that person is. Not everyone finds that kind of love and giving that kind of love is remarkable!
How can anyone throw their child away??? I'd move heaven and earth just to see my daughter's smile again! I do not understand any parent who cannot see that their children are gifts from GOD and are not to be taken for granted. Cherish each and every second that you have with your children (even those aggravating moments - lol). Nothing is promised forever!
Much Peace, Happiness, Love, and Blessings
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Well said!

Missy
10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Amen, Saysusie!

Oluwa
10-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Well, I went on a mission, to read who this St. James is, since I never had the pleasure to do a post exchange convo with him. All the way back to 2002 when he became a moderator. Wow, what a wonderful guy. No wonder you all miss him, I would too.

I will be joining everyone and including him in my prayers.
Oluwa