PDA

View Full Version : Best type of massage

Morpheus
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm planning to go to a proffessional parlour for a massage for some stress relieve.

Any recommendations?

hatlady
10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Let the massage therapist know you have lupus, and need a light to medium touch - too heavy will dump so much lactic acid into your blood you'll hurt for a couple days. Plus, if you're like me, you'll have little finger shaped bruises here and there! :roll: That isn't something non-lupies have to worry about as much.

Communicate with him/her as you're receiving the massage - if it hurts too much say so!

I love massage therapy, go as often as I can. It unkinks muscles, relaxes tension, makes me feel wonderful and sleep so calmly.

Be sure to drink at least 2 full glasses of water in the several hours after the massage to clear the lactic acid that is produced.

Enjoy.....after this week I could really use one!

browneyedgirl53
10-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Morpheus,

I hope you had a great massage experience. I can only share with you that the PRESSURE POINT MASSAGE WAS BRUTAL - I hurt for almost a month. It's where they apply direct pin-point pressure to a particular site to release toxins, etc. Oh man, I absolutely hated it.

I go for the swedish - and I do always tell them that I have advanced lupus as well as firbromyalgia which means my body is extremely sore and achy. I love the hot towels afterwards and when they wrap you up like a baby in swaddling blankets.....I SLEEP LIKE A BABY.

I'm excited to hear about your experience. I hope you're feeling good and that all is well with you.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl