PDA

View Full Version : Really Embarassing question for Women Only

GlassHalfFull
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm 44 and have really noticed a proliferation of commercials relating to bladder control issues.

I rarely have the problem but more often seem to excessively sweat "down there. " So the result is similar -- with dampness spread over a broader area.

Any solutions? It's not like I can use my solid antipersperant.... And I'm not ready for adult diapers or pads.

hatlady
10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
:roll: Don't you love how they make us all believe that bladder control, GERD and who knows what else is "normal" and we should all take their wonderful pills? What a pain!

While I don't have the level of issue you're expereincing, I stay away from synthetic undies - the "tidy whities" seem to be more comfortable.

Have you tried a non-talc powder to keep a bit cooler as well?

Saysusie
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Also, Vagisil makes a powder that helps with dampness and odor. Here is the advertisement for it. I've used it for years and have been really satisfied with the results.
"Vagisil talc-free feminine powder has double odor protection. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder neutralizes odors with the power of baking soda. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria, thereby keeping odor from recurring. Vagisil Talc-Free Feminine powder absorbs wetness for a fresh."

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
As long as we're on the subject of embarrassing feminine problems, what about...gulp...vaginal dryness? :oops: :oops: :oops: I have Sjogrens which makes causes dry eyes, mouth...everything. I'm just not having any luck finding anything that really works. Sorry for the sensitive topic...but if I can't ask you, who CAN I ask?!

Oluwa
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi Mnjodette,

I have Sjogren's too. Try... http://www.astroglide.com/ I do. A little dab will do ya.

Enjoy the day or will it be night..
Oluwa

Nekhbet
10-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Another one would be Replens
http://www.replensmd.co.uk/replens/replens.php?action=faqs&type=&offset=0

I've heard good things about it. Regardless you are wanting one that is slightly acidic to mimic the normal environment. Other wise you will end up with a nasty infection. I had a quick look at the astroglide site and it seems to be too.

Hope you get it under control..

mnjodette
10-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Thank you, Oluwa and Nekhbet, for your responses and suggestions. Not an easy topic to approach! You ladies are the best - always there with an answer!

Jody

Pretti in Pink
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Mnjodette,

thanks for being brave enough to ask, I was wondering the same.

morning star
10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I've had the same problem and I don't know if it just comes with age or hormones or what, but if I wear a skirt I have to wear a girdle and spray deoderant down there, if I don't I sweat so bad it just runs down my legs and makes my legs raw because they rub together. The best solution I've found is the spray deoderant(I use XXX arraid dry) but any brand will work just spray around your private area not directly on it. But if I go out to a ball game or something I most definitly have to wear it or I look like I've peed in my pants. ugh....... :(

Oluwa
10-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Morning Star,

I have an idea... have you tried those slimming skirt style garments. Slims the hips, tummy and thighs. Spanxs is one line but there are many out there so you don't have all that unbreathable material bunched in one spot. Then wear cotton patties underneath. Jockey makes cotton panties. I like those. With all these man-made materials it is hard to find ones that allows our v's to breath, eh? And while sitting at a desk...do a Britney Spears sitting pose.

Do you use antibacterial soap, deodorant ones...like Dial. With soaps like Tone, Dove I am sure they leave a residue, behind that doesn't allow the skin to breathe either. I use Dial at all my V's, underarms, etc for the wording,, bacterial soap...and use a gentle cleanser by Johnson and Johnson for the rest of the body.

Maybe use a roll-on solid or wet and hand apply it to the area, but leaving out the flower pedals and bud.

I am fortunate I guess I never had sweated before. Now since dosing with Plaquenil I get dew, sometimes trickles on my face and scalp..like a hot flash when outside here in the south. Like my Mum I've never had to use anti perspirant or deodorant. I am allergic to it too. Aluminum.

Hope this is an idea you can use,
Oluwa

Oluwa
10-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Mnjodette,

Welcome...and hey, all bodies are different but....had you noticed just before ovulation you have cervical fluid, consistancy of egg whites. Varies in time...1- 5 days before and sometimes during post luteal phase. After ovulation. Noted by a gliding feeling when wiping with TP. Time a event during those phases too. No need for the AstroGlide at those times...

Happy Night!
Oluwa

Pretti in Pink
10-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Oluwa,

that's a good idea you shared about the Spanx. I heard briefly about them on Oprah. Lord knows I have plenty I need to hold up and in now a days. You're so knowledgable on alot of issues, any good diet tips?

Oluwa
10-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi Pretty,

Diet tips..oh I have many. Moderation with exercise is key is most palatable for many. Restriction can create failure.

When you say diet, I am assuming to lose weight and not for just health and proper nutrition reasons. We should really aim for both. A lifestyle.

I am trying to find a balance too, since adding 25 pounds onto my frame. Being in perimenopause, with Lupus and a sedentary lifestyle from being sick makes it harder. Mine goes up and down with 5-10 pounds. Frustrating. I don't want to starve, I want to ensure I get proper nutrition each day.

How about making a list of the foods you enjoy and the type of things you like to do. Do you need to follow a menu, a regime...or do you modify? Do you cook? Children, schedule? Need recipes?

I used to be a bulimic. Being a bulimic/anorexic isn't about weight loss really, it was about control over emotions that I thought I had no control over. In the beginning it may have been about maintaining weight, a fad, a try it and stop...but it evolves into something big, thinking we have control but in actuality it is about losing control of ourselves.

I felt I should say that...I don't want to come across like I am hypocrite...

I do know much about food and diet. Despite having an ED for years I never ate things in a colorful wrapper, fast food or the like. I always ate healthy, exercised but when I did binge it was healthy foods and not the typical junk laden most would binge on. And when I starved it was salads or fruit. Know I didn't do it to lose weight. I did it because of my impair self concept..if that makes sense. Example..I could stuff my emotions down with a huge veggie sandwich and throw it up and feel like I rid myself of the hurt. Crazy eh?

I read alot. I can recommend the South Beach diet. Not an extreme plan. I think it helps alot with the foods that aggravate Lupus. The Omega Diet has recipes, menus based on daily calories..to control body inflammation.

So, where would you like to start? Maybe just adding a bit of exercise first to your day may get you started...do tell what your goal is...

Stretch to the sky while standing or sitting and mindfully eat today,
Enjoy the day...
Oluwa

Pretti in Pink
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Sounds like I have come to the right place. I am looking to lose weight, approxiametly 15-20 lbs. (which is what I have gained in the last 6 mths.) Right now I don't exercise, to be honest I detest exercising. One, because my legs hurt so bad when I do it and two because I don't have anyone to do it with. I thought joining a gym, but I would need a good structured trainer due to the joint pain from my lupus, but maybe that's an excuse too.

I do cook. I have a teenage son and a husband. They wouldn't be against us eating healthier either. My husband can stand to loose a few pounds as well. But despite the fact that I can no longer fit into any of my clothes, it beginning to affect my self-esteem. I am noticing that I have become very self conscious about how I look and I know it's from all of the weight gain. I thought about Weight Watchers online. I had the Southbeach diet book at one time but gave it away but I have never heard about the Omega diet.

Thanks for responding and being willing to help, I look forward to hear from you soon.

Oluwa
10-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi Pretty,

With losing weight you have to find one that works for you. Do you like portion controlled with eating any type of food within moderation? Or calories counter? Or a limited food diet?

Weight Watchers Points from my understanding is based on fiber, fat and calories. A formula based on those three a number is calculated. Resulting points. You have maximum amount of points for each day. I am sure they suggest eating a well balanced diet, but really your choices will be yours. Go for volume food? Low quantity but not high in quality? Nutritional food? Smaller portions?

Or you can set a daily calorie intake. No less than 1200. I would start out at 1800 and see what the scale brings in one week…decrease or increase according to how much you want to lose. Standard rule is 2 pounds per week. First week usually a person will lose more due to water loss. If you reach a plateau, up the exercise or decrease food portion.

What didn’t you like about the South Beach Diet…because what a person likes and dislikes can make or break them. Like if you like chocolate, you can have it...but can you stop at one? Sometimes it is better to give into the craving and adjust your day according instead of saying; sheeesh I messed up now I might as well eat the whole fridge. Eat it without guilt and at dinner time take half portions.

Atkins Diet is very restrictive at first...but then you gradually work your way to more of a South Beach Diet. I’ve seen it works wonders.

There are so many ways to approach weight loss, so you will have to tell me what you can and can’t do. What you know you will do and know what will set you up to fail. Do you eat fast food? Is it excess food, high calorie food that keeps the weight on?

For me, I find it is better to eat all food in moderation. Staying mainly with vegetables, fruits, grains and less fat. Prepared clean and not in fat, or fat laden sauces, or condiments.

Weight Watchers online…do you think you can monitor yourself? These are the question you should ask yourself. Like going to a gym…it sounds lovely but would you use it weekly to have a monthly or yearly membership? For me, today… realistically nope. I envision myself doing it...but I know my limitations. The thought gets me jazzed but to sign up I would be throwing my monies away.

I use 10 Minute Solutions DVD’s purchased from Amazon.com. Check them out. They have like six 10 minute workouts, targeting areas, strength and flexibility. We don’t need do to strenuous exercise to burn calories and lose weight we just have to move and watch our calorie intake. Try yoga, Pilates… elliptical trainers are no impact machines.

www.fitday.com helps you track the calories you burn, calorie counts, monitors your goals.

If you follow Weight Watchers here is a great site.. www.dwlz.com

And if you have favorite foods, recipes that are laden with calories I can clean them up for you...low the calories. I can even fry chicken without the grease. I make all my salad dressing from scratch...no bottle...

Oh, the Omega Diet Book can be found at amazon.com too. Though it isn't anything new, meaning the information has been out there in many other books it has recipes, menus based on amount of daily calories you would like to use. Basic information for the novice.

Try not to be self conscientious. I know it is hard. I am too. Maybe buy an outfit or two that fits properly to get you jump started on feeling better about yourself. And the worst thing to do to our ego is to insult ourselves. Ah, how we mentally abuse ourselves with our own thoughts. So, start right now and think about the qualities you do admire about yourself. Be it your eyes, your smile, your hair...your wit...compassion...and focus on that..

The biggest weight loss is losing the mental weight of our self loathing.
Now tell me something positive about you..
Oluwa

Pretti in Pink
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks so much, you're such an inspiration. I did purchase a couple of outfits that fit and I don't feel so big in them. My husband actually says he likes me this size because before I was too small, so I guess that a plus right there. I was an 8, now I am a 12. I am 5'7 and now weigh 167, I was weighing between 145-150. I remember when I had my son, 14 years ago, the day I gave birth I only weighed 162 but again that was 14 years ago.

But I have done what you said and thought about the positivie things, such as I am not carrying my weight disporportionetly, I do have a pretty smile, good outgoing personality (unless I am having a prednisone mood swing) and many other things that I am blessed with to let my weight gain overshadow them.

The reason I thought about weight watchers is because you can eat what you want and that works better for me- not restricting myself but eating in moderation. It's a mental thing, when I can't have certain foods I want them all the more other than knowing I can have them but don't eat them. I would be able to use the point system. There is also a weight watchers group (actually a couple) up the street from my house that I thought about joining for accountability and support.

I might look into the 10 minute workout and start small because working out is like a thorn in my side. I would love some recipes. I love fried chicken but I haven't made it in a long time, I have been baking it to stay away from the grease. I have also been eating baked tilapia, which I have fallen in love with. I love pasta, but have been trying to stay away from it. And for lunch I have been trying to eat lean cuisine and 100 calorie snacks by Nabisco. But I was wondering about all the sodium in the frozen meals. I don't know if it's so good for my kidneys. But no matter what I do I MUST have a least one cup of coffee every morning. It's like I can't wait to wake up to brew me a cup.

So, based on the little I've explaine, any good recipes....?

Oluwa
10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Pretty,

I was reading another post of yours in another thread about constant hunger. Are you ensuring you are getting enough fat in your diet. There are healthy fats..Olive oil, canola oil. Fats satisfies the hunger longer. But try to stay within the 30% rule of your daily calories. 30 grams is a bit less than three tablespoons of fat. One tablespoon is actually 11 grams. 110 calories.

Flaxseed I use..not whole. To be beneficial it needs to be grounded. I usually eat 1/2 cup of plain yogurt low fat, 1 tbls of ground flaxseed, handful of berries and a dash of Splenda for breakfast.

Kashi is a great morning cereal by its nutritional values listed I had read.

Or, eat an apple with skin before dinner. Fiber is in the skin and great for the colon.

Maybe you should incorporate the Omega Diet with Weight Watcher to control inflammation and control the amount of protein you eat. Red meats are hard on the kidneys. Omega is based on high fiber, good fats, bright fruits and vegetables, fish, beans and high fiber.

I don't do wheat, flour and etc. Gives me grief inside, digestive tract. Upper and lower and also affects me mentally. Intolerance. But what is wild I can eat sourdough with out any side effects.

Instead of the 100 calorie sugar snacks...can you enjoy a handful of almonds or a few RyeKrisp with lowfat cheese like mozarella or swiss?

Other 100 calorie alternatives...two medium kiwis, 1/2 small cantelope, 1 1/2 cups of grapes, large orange, 2 cups of fresh strawberries or even a 1/2 glass of chocolate milk.

Have you tried wheat pasta for fiber? White rice has one fiber, brown has two.

Do you do salads? Spinach? Salmon? Would you like a fresh tomato, parsley sauce..just slightly warmed to go over fish, scallops..my fav. I can type the recipe out for you.

Oh, kosher salt is lighter in sodium than table salt.

Some more tidbit...hope it helps
Oluwa

Try this for one for Crispy Oven Fried Bird. by Unknown.

1 1/3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal, (recommended: Crispex)
2 1/4 cups broken bagel chips or melba toast
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 bone-in, skinless chicken pieces (about 6 ounces each) See Cook's Note

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet.

Spray the rack generously with cooking spray.

Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor. Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag. Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper and toss to mix thoroughly.

Whisk the light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl. Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly. Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated. Place coated pieces on the prepared rack. Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisps and browns and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pieces registers 160 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.
Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.

randomword
10-08-2007, 11:14 PM
I've got the same problem too. Always have, and probably always will, but it's been way worse lately. Like, do other people leave sweat stains on chairs after they sit on them? I'm always so embarrassed when I have to sit on plastic or wooden chairs, like for a meeting, and hope no one looks after I get up. Whatever would they think? It's not normal, right?

Sometimes I sweat more than other times. It's my legs, too - gotta be, to leave that much sweat. It's so gross - lately, the seat of my car has been sweat-stained from my 25 minute drive home from work.

I know certain meds are supposed to make it worse, right? I've just increased my Cymbalta. Also, I've noticed lately that I get hot flashes and night sweats more often. I've got Hashimoto's (subclinical or whatever) and PCOS in addition to lupus, and take about ten different medications, so who knows what is going on. But yes - I have the same problem and I always have. I'm not glad you have it too, but yes, okay, I am glad that I am not the only one!

Someone once told me about the spray deodorant thing, but I didn't know if that would cause, like, an imbalance of some sort. But these days, it sounds like a good idea! Does that really work for people without causing problems?

And do the tight girdle things work? I would be afraid of trapping all that dampness and creating a potentially...um...more un-deodorized environment.

Gosh, this is my first post here, and it's gotta be about crotch sweat!

Pretti in Pink
10-10-2007, 05:24 PM
thanks Oluwa,

I am going to try to incorporate some of your tips. I am also going to begin taking a new vitamin supplement one of my co-workers recommended after I shared what Saysusie and yourself told me, it's called Omega Woman by Nordic Naturals. It has all of those supplements that Saysusie suggested, have you heard of it.

Where can I get more information on the Omega diet?

Oluwa
10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Pretty..oh, you are very welcome...

No, I haven't heard of that vitamin. Is a mulitple? Me, I take fish oils and a super B complex. Fish oil for inflammation and the B's for stress. Stress depletes it..and also to help with the fatigue.

Times I wonder does it help and then I utter gee what if I stopped and I got worse. So, try to make note of what changes you have made and how you are feeling. Sometimes we do get better, but forget how we felt before and say..sheesh..I am not getting better. I've done that many times so I am learning to take note.

The Omega Diet, I believe is in only in book form. I purchased mine through amazon.com. The informaton is out there in many books and etc..like Perricone Anti-aging nutrition. Same concept changing up the foods a bit but it is all about, anti-inflammation. The part of changing and it working is what we believe in and if we can follow it. What I think is great is the Omega Diet has section with menus for various calorie plans, like 1200 calorie, 1800 and 2000. Also shopping list for the recipes. If you have a Barnes and Noble see what inside it.

For me, I have always believed in fresh and believe our earth's abundance provided by God is all we need, it is right here..the answers to wellness, prevention and cures. At home we can eat..fresh fruits, vegetables, fish..olive oils and etc. Choose bright color foods but not bright colored wrappers. I also believe God has given man the knowledge, the sense to find ways, from his earthly gifts to help us to wellness also.

For me, colored wrappers mean a lot of additives. What I have incorporated into my diet regime is more fish, flax seed, nuts. And to make a better effort to stop mindless eating when I am down.

Fresh can be expensive. I eat with the seasons. Like...Fall, squashes, rutabagies..late summer tomatoes, avocado..summer berries and melons. Salmon can be expensive and if not available canned Bumble Salmon is always an option. It makes wonderful Salmon Cakes.

When summer berries are in abundance and reasonably priced in the grocer I buy lots, by the flat and freeze. Strawberries, I slice..cover with Splenda..let sit till juices are created. Then I bag in freeze lock bags and toss in the freezer. Always a treat when it is still a bit frozen, I eat by the spoonfuls. Or roll it up in a crepe.... Great with plain yogurt or make a fruit smoothie. We need our calcium too.

Being in perimenopause too, it hard to lose weight I am finding out. I keep trying to cut back on calories but currently unable to find what works. I know I am eating properly...perhaps I need more, and more exercise or movement. I keep plucking away at finding out what works for me. Maybe today will be my lucky day..I am going to try and add again 10 minutes on the treadmill.

If you find something that is working..do share the info.

Enjoy the day,
Oluwa

Oluwa
10-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Randomword,

How are you and welcome to the forum.

I was wondering how is the Cymbalta? I am contemplating dosing with it. Suggested by my doctor. Does it make you feel like a blank chalkboard? No laughter nor tears? Weight gain? How long did it take to see an improvement of well being?

And..ah..how's the crotch sweat...your expression had me roaring.

Again welcome..
Oluwa

Missy
10-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello - I just had to jump in on this topic!

As for the sweat, I get it sometimes, but for some reason haven't had it lately. Don't know what that'sabout. I do try t ostick mostly to cotton panties, my gyno told me that and to blow dry "down under" to reduce chances of yeast infections, which I used to be prone to, and worry with excessive moisture.

At the same time, have struggled with the dryness issue, as seem to have some borderline Sjogrens symptoms. So, I've done my research on that subject. I hate KY - stings, bad, ick..........I LOVE "Slippery Stuff." I've been using it for years and it works really well!

Good luck all! I'm glad we can talk about these sensitive subjects here, too. It feels good to have that level of trust and openness, doesn't it?

angela
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
hi all! i had to jump in too :lol:

for the sweat 'down there', which do and like crazy, i use secret antipersperant clinical strength. what i do is use a non residue leaving soap (i use a vegitable based soap), let myself dry completely when i et out of the tub. then i use gold bond powder all around down there, but not too much of it. i dust off the excess then put the secret on. i find that this routine works better when i do it before i go to bed. this was recommended to me by a frend of a friend who's a dermatologist. she said that antiperperants in general (not necesarily deoderants) work better when you put them on clean skin ans well in advance of when you'll need them. so doing it before you go to bed gives it time to do what it needs.

also, it helps to not shave your hair down there completely. i forget what the dermi said it does specifically, but it helps with keeping you cool. hope this helps!

be well :)
http://princesstinybutt.blogspot.com/

p.s.... spanx is a lifesaver!!!! :lol: