PDA

View Full Version : Heel pain?

PinkButterfly
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
I've been having a lot of heel/foot pain lately making it difficult to walk. I had been attributing it to working 12-hour shifts 3 days per week, but I'm now getting it pretty bad even when I'm not working. Anyone else have this problem and do you think it's Lupus related?

TIA, Susan

Oluwa
10-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Susan,

It can be Lupus related. I use to think it was from going barefeet in the house, hi-heels so I bought Dansko shoes. Nope, still hurt that I eventually couldn't walk. Like walking on marbles?

Prednisone worked. Went off it and Plaquenil helps too. It comes and go, but not as intense. Being on your feet all day, high heels can aggravate it and just sitting for prolong periods.

I massage them and/or run my feel under water, alternating between warm and cold. I know others have the same problem...maybe they will pop in and give you their remedy.

Here's to no more aching feet,
Oluwa

GlassHalfFull
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Ironically though -- after months of suffering -- it mysteriously went away on its own right before I was to start PT.

It can be Lupus related, although people without lupus get heel pains too....

Razzleberry
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Heel pain like knives? I have stabbing pains in the area of the acheilles tendon and along the outside of my foot. It's much worse when I flex my foot. Nothing I've found helps relieve the pain.