PDA

View Full Version : lace like rash

blythecollector
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I get the lace like rash called livedo reticularis, it's not purplish though, red/pink.

From what I have read, it occurs after exposure to cold. Mine happens when I have been sitting in the sun, and it is only on my thighs.

Anyone have this particular lacey rash after being in the sun?

The face rash I get comes after a hot shower too, or when stressed.

Moxie
10-02-2007, 07:49 AM
I get that lacey rash right through my jeans in the car from the sun. By the end of the sunny season, I wind up with a strange "lap tan" even though covered up.

On the other extreme, my hands and finger hurt when out in the cold (even with heavy gloves on.) It feels like someone hit them with a hammer.

All I can say is that we react oddly to environmental stimuli. All of my life, I have not been able to walk down the soap and cleaner aisle of a supermarket without getting hives.

blythecollector
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
so do you think that the lace or webby rash is a lupus related rash?

Moxie
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm not a medical person, but my best guess is that it's part of the lupus/sensitivity package. I still can't believe I can get a rash and tan through heavy denim jeans.

The really odd part of this, for me, is that even though I tan like crazy, I don't convert any of the sunshine to vitamin D --- I have to take 50,000 IUs of vit D twice per week and am still deficient.