PDA

View Full Version : Tired of being tired and in pain

cheryl_v
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm so worn down and so in pain. I have a doc app. next week for another shot. What to do until then. I don't know if just flare or weather? (in FL with tons of rain). How am I going to make it? My home Day Care finally picked up with 3 new kids, and I feel like this. Now I fell like someone ran over me, and can't shake this fog. So hard to stay focus and type, hurts also. I don't know what I'm asking here, guess just whinning some. No one here around me understands what it feels like to be going through this pain and still function as wife, mother and care-giver to 5 kids plus my 3. This storm system is not helping matters at all, especially moving so slow. I swear if one more person rolls their eyes when aked how I fell and I say I'm in constant pain again, I will scream and/or cry. A person can only take so much!! Ok, guess I was just needing to let off some steam. Thanks for listening to my same old complaints :oops:

Saysusie
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Cheryl;
You can scream and whine and complain here as much as you need to. Many of us know exactly what you mean by the constant pain in every inch of your body, by the brain fog, the emotional roller-coaster, the chronic fatigue and the feeling of being sick and tired of being sick and tired! Sometimes you wonder if it is ever going to end.
You need never apologize for needing to vent. We know how most people look at us and react to us when we have to tell them that how we feel. You will never get that here because we truly understand and have been where you are (or are currently where you are).
I hope that you are able to get some relief. You may need to take a day for yourself to give your body the rest that it needs. With your schedule and your responsibilities, I know that taking a day may be a very difficult thing to do. But, your health is very important and you should, at the very least, give it some serious thought.
In the meantime, I am sending you hugs of comfort and understanding!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cheryl_v
09-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Thank You so much for your reply, it almost made me cry. Didn't realize how much it was effectinng me I guess. I felt kinda foolish for my post, wasn't even sure why I posted and what good it would do. Your kind words do give me hope and encouragement to keep my head up. I took your advice today and talked to my Mom, offered her my days pay to come and take over the Day Care for the day once a month. She's on SSI, so it would help her towards end of the month. My down fall is my husband won't get up with our 14 mth old who still gets up 2x a night. He says he would, but he can't hear her even with monitor (yeah right!!). Thanks for the idea, I have no clue why I never thought of that myself. How do you and others cope through this day after day? How can you cope so well? I thought I was doing ok, been dealing with this for years. This feels worse than usual. What's everyones secret of coping?

Thanks again for the support you give here, it means so much to have some where to talk. I've been an emotional wreck with all this and just couldn't find comfort and support. I know I can here, just never had anyone to talk to before about all this. Hard for me to reach out to people, I'm the one who's always helped eveyone else with problems. I guess no matter how long you are ill, your still learning and coping with new things every day. Thanks again.

vw
09-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Wanted to jump in on that - I'm sooo tired of feeling sick and tired - Yea the fog thing gets to me.. I work alot and have a very busy life - so it's gets so frustrating when I feel like I'm out of it .. It's so hard to express how I feel when I start to think about it all - I'm 28yrs old - been sick for about a year and I'm just so scared about it all- I have not really talked about it with close friends or family- I don't want anyone to worry about me so I kinda keep it to myself - Sometimes I just want to scream from the rooftops ahhh - This sucks.. Well thanks for letting me vent.

vw :lol:

Saysusie
09-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I have lived with Lupus since 1985. So, in all of those years, I have learned how important it is to listen to my body, to just stop and get some rest (because the alternative costs me too dearly!). I have learned how much I can take and how much I can do. I try very hard not to push myself (even when I feel great and filled with energy), I don't always do well at this..but I try.
I know that, in order to control my lupus, I must get recuperative rest; I must eat healthy; I must avoid the sun; I must take my medications, I must exercise daily; I must listen to my body and learn what my symptoms might mean.
You will also learn how to manage yourself and your Lupus so that you can maintain some form of normalcy. You are going to be fatigued, that is part of the disease. So, you need to rest...you MUST rest. It is imperative that you rest! Everyone will have to just understand that!
It might be helpful for you to educate your husband about Lupus. There are several books that he can read (or he can come here and read some of the posts). In that way, he will understand what you are dealing with and perhaps that will make it easier for him to give you more support.
Remember, we are always here for you and will help you as much as we can for as long as you need it. You are not alone!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cheryl_v
09-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info, funny how the simplest solution can sometimes be the best solution. I'll try to pay more attention to myself and how I feel. I do eat healthier, now I try to exercise a little every day (as all you recommended). The resting part is the hard part, and taking meds is so hard for me to remember daily. Its why my doc gives me an inflammitory shot every 3 months. Thanks again for your support, my hubby I decided will come around on his own time I'm sure. Men handle things differently, thats all. Feeling a little better today, I'll take what I can get.

cheryl_v
09-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Sorry, forgot- vw, scream from your roof top and I'll scream from mine. Maybe we'll hear each other, ha-ha. :lol:

vw
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I guess this place is my rooftop- I have not talked about this with my boyfriend or family - just not something I want to talk about I guess... I'm like you - busy all the time - never give myself a rest and yes don't take the meds - This is only 3mths new to me - so I'm still in the denial phase.... Thanks for listening everyone ! :)

cheryl_v
09-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Completely understand, told everyone of FMS but not the lupus (or early lupus as doc calls it). Its to much to take all at once. This is my roof top to I suppose, I had my scream Thanks for venting with me.

vw
09-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for hearing me vent ~

:D