PDA

View Full Version : Just Not Sick Enough.

also_ran
09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I've been sick lately. And I just don't know, is this normal? Should I always feel like I'm running a fever, bones aching, head pounding, lungs burning? I know if I went into the doctor they would tell me I was sick, they were sorry but just not sick enough for them to do anything about. I've spent months on steroids and various other drugs trying to tame it. Actually, in another month it will have been a year. Now I have built up a resistance to them and they don't even take the edge off.

Lately though I have been sick. Sick enough to keep me in bed a good part of each day. And if I tell someone i'm not feeling well they will just say "eat something, sleep sometime." but I am too sick...but what am i suppose to do if i'm just not sick enough?

anyone?

Pretti in Pink
09-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Tough one- sorry I don't have any suggestions, just support. I hope this passes soon and you find some strength and break out of this stage.

hatlady
09-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Al I can offer is gentle hugs -

Have you talked to your rheumatologist? Might he/she have some other suggestions for you?

Saysusie
09-19-2007, 10:28 AM
It sounds as if you are experiencing a prolonged lupus flare. I agree with Hatlady, you should talk with your rheumatologist and tell him (don't ask him) that you are in a lupus flare that you are getting no relief from. Since you've developed a tolerance to your meds, it might be time to change them and even increase the dosage on the new meds until you can get your symptoms under control.
Please let us know what your doctors do and how you are feeling! I am sending you hugs of understanding and caring!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

the_librarian
09-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm with Saysusie. Demand that they do something. I have felt the same. It is miserable. Sometimes the med change will give you relief. I have felt better off the steriods than I ever did on them. I'm on Plaquenil 200 mg two times a day and pain killers...

Hugs.