PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Biopsy Results



Pretti in Pink
09-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Hello family,

Well I finally went back to my nephrologist and received the result of my biopsy. He said I have stage IV kidney disease :( and I had to go back on chemo. This was a bummer because it seems like I feel better, but I guess that's in terms of Lupus. I really didn't want to go back on chemo just because of it's side effects and all of the toxins it puts in your body. I was on it for 9 months before and I am kind of wondering if it is helping at all if I am at stage IV? Has anyone been in this position before and care to share your experience?

Missy
09-08-2007, 11:32 AM
I had stage 4 Nephritis as well. However, my Nephrologist decided to try Cellcept first, before the Cytoxan. I was also on blood pressure medication, prednisone, and plaquenil, as well. And don't forget the Vitamins and extra Calcium! Do you feel like a pharmacy yet?

I responded a bit to the Cellcept in the first 6 weeks, but then plateaued in my healing process. My Nephrologist wanted to start me on Cytoxan after 6 months on the Ce,,cept, but changed bloopd pressure meds to Lisinopril, which can help with proteinuria, and I had a kidney biposy.. Turns out most of proteinuria was due to permanent kidney damage, and so Cytoxan wouldn't have helped. The Lisinopril must have kick-started something, because my numbers started heading towards normal.

Have you tried Cellcept already? I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I've been there and it's not easy. I'm thinking of you and sending you cyber-hugs.

Pretti in Pink
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks Missy,

I am on everything that you mentioned. Planquenil, Prednisone, Diovan(blood pressure) and Calcium w/ Vit. D. I asked him about Cellcept and he said he wanted to check with my rheumi to see if my Lupus was stable, which it seems to be. So I'm waiting to hear back from him once he speaks with the rheumi. At last check, I was about 3+ protein and it just fluctuates between 2+ and 3+. Thanks again for the concern and hug I need it right now.

Missy
09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, it will be interesting to hear what the two of them come up with as the best course of treatment. I hope, for your sake, that they try Cellcept, as it seems to have less side effects than Cytoxan for most people. I think I was just about where you are now, in that I had over 4+ protein. I guess my point is - there is good hope that things will get better.

Keep me updated on what you hear!

Best Wishes,

Pretti in Pink
09-09-2007, 04:04 AM
thanks for your support and i will keep you posted. If they don't propose something that sounds goods, maybe between the two of us we can come up with a course of treatment. :shock: