PDA

View Full Version : What to do what to do

lovebuda
09-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok so since October is Lupus awareness month and it is rapidly approaching I was looking for something to do to support and bring information to my community. Most everyone is having a walk...which is really odd to me seeing as how a lot of people who have Lupus, have a sensitivity to light and going on a walk would just make things worse. Anyhoo....I really want to put something together that I can do at my church but not sure what to do. I recently moved back to Memphis and I have a lot of friends and family who are still in the dark about Lupus. And I could go on and on but does anyone have any ideas about something that could be organized other than a walk?

Pretti in Pink
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Great initiative, just don't have any ideas right now.

Missy
09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Great idea to get your church involved!!! I'm not an "idea person", so I don't have any great ideas for you, but I like your style!

Just so you know, my local LFA chapter is doing a walk, but it's indoors, flat, and alter-able accessible. People don't have to walk and it's a fun time for all.

Saysusie
09-08-2007, 01:48 AM
I was going to suggest an indoor walk. Many indoor malls will allow you to walk before the stores open. Perhaps you could organize something and advertise the indoor mall walk for Lupus and get sponsors. Perhaps even set up a booth in an indoor mall during business hours. Your banner could read "Someone you know has Lupus or knows someone with Lupus!"
Have you contacted your local LFA? They might be willing to help you organize the indoor walk, or some other activity that would bring recognition to Lupus.

I applaud you for trying to do something to bring attention to this disease! I know that, whatever you plan, it will be successful.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lovebuda
09-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I contacted the local chapter but they haven't emailed me back..I wanna go down to the offices myself but it's like 20 miles away and finding the time to do that is hard. They are holding a walk on the 20th of Oct which is great but like a said I personally cannot do that. That is a great idea about the mall I will look into it and see if I can do that. Thanks for the ideas. I already have a trip to the fabric store scheduled to make ribbons for my family to wear and stuff. Thanks for the ideas guys keep em coming.