PDA

View Full Version : Retrenched and unemployed

Morpheus
08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi All, been a while since i've posted. Few weeks ago i got retrenched from my job. Well all of us, apparently after the company I was working for in the UK was "aquired" it was decided that they did not need a Cape Town Branch anymore :cry: Goin for lots of interviews, however the last couple weeks has been a bit stressfull, apparently being retrenched is one of the top 3 stressors in modern life.

However looking on the bright side, I havent had a relapse for atleast a year, maybe longer, I'm going strong, i feel physically strong :o, and gyming regularly. Thank god for my good health, I probably would've had it twice as hard if I were to have been in remission.

Anyway its night time here by me, was just a little post to let my "other family" know what has been happening :).

Hope we are all still here and keeping each other and ourselves strong and healthy.

Thank you all for being here.

Saysusie
08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi Morpheus :lol:
Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about you job and I do hope that you able to find another one soon. However, I am happy to hear that you have not had a flare in over a year! :lol: : :) :D I Love hearing that kind of good news! I am also happy to hear that you are feeling physically fit and exercising. That has probably helped you to maintain your remission!

Glad to Have You Back
Saysusie

hatlady
08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Morpheus;

It is good to hear from you again!

I'm so sorry to hear about the job, in the USA we call that many things, including "downsized" or "outsourced" or "laid off" - retrenched is a new term for me, but one that really fits. No matter WHAT they call it, it hurts, it is a pain to deal with, and it causes so much stress!

I wish you a new job quickly, one with just the right benefits, pay and working conditions. And wonderful people to work with, of course!

~hugs,

Missy
08-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Wishing you the best of luck with your job search, Morpheus, and good health, too, of course!

browneyedgirl53
09-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Morpheus,

How nice it was to see you back on the "post". I believe that everything happens for a reason...and when we can look at these hardships later on in life we many often times can recognize that those events turned out to blessings in disguise.

My prayers will be with you that you will continue to stay in good health, good attitude, stay positive...and remember this; you can never fall further than God's hands can reach you. God has a plan and a purpose for your life. Be excited about this new adventure....I have discovered when I'm walking this path of life at times when it all seems so uncertain, I remind myself a lesson a wise old woman told me "you have to learn the lesson, before you get the blessin'". So hang in there my friend, the prayer warriors are out in force on your behalf.

Please keep us posted, and stay in touch....we've missed you!!

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

mnjodette
09-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Morpheus, I'm sorry for this turn of events in your life. I know it's hard to make a transition that isn't of your own choosing. I think browneyedgirl is right, though - things happen for a reason. I was hurt in a car accident a long time ago, and I had to leave my job (was off work for a year, in fact.) I could, however, use the time to take some college course at home. It led to me getting my degree (something I never thought I'd be able to do, having a family to care for) and it eventually led me to the work I've done for more than 20 years. So....it wasn't in my plan to leave my job the way I did...but it was in HIS plan and it worked out pretty well! I pray that your transition will turn out well for you, too.

Jody

Morpheus
09-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Hi All,

Thank you so much for all the support i have recieved, It really meant alot.

Just To let you know that prayers have indeed been answered and I have finally recieved another job offer with medical aid and other benefits as well.

I thank you all :)

hatlady
09-04-2007, 05:44 AM
:D

What fabulous news to read on an early morning!

I'm so glad for you Morpheus, may this job last for as long as you want it to, and be all that you hope it will be.

Happy hugs ~

mnjodette
09-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Congratulations, Morpheus...I'm so happy for you! I hope it's something you'll love doing!

Jody

Saysusie
09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :multi: Jumping With Joy For You!!

Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Congrats on the new job!

browneyedgirl53
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS !!!!

God is so good, and you're on your way to soaring on eagles wings. Congratulations, Morpheus!!

Take good care of yourself, and remember you are never alone!

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Missy
09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Excellent news, Morpheus!