PDA

View Full Version : mouth ulcers, kidney problems

icegurl121691
08-28-2007, 06:03 AM
hi everyone i have a few questions about mouth ulcers and kidney problems i was in the hospital about 2 weeks ago they tested my kidneys and found a little bit of blood but the dr said that was normal and nothing 2 worry about which i dont understand how thats normal and everytime i urinate it burns is this normal? then i found this lil sore in my mouth on the inside of my lip which hurts sumtimes i am not sure if its and ulcer or not its really small and i usually get them on the inside of my cheeke has any one experienced this before?

Saysusie
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Blood in the urine is a common problem. The medical term for red blood cells in the urine is hematuria. Sometimes, blood in the urine can indicate a more serious problem in the urinary tract. Other times, it is not serious and requires no treatment. Blood in urine is not always visible. If the amount of blood is small, the urine looks normal. This is called microscopic hematuria because the blood cells are visible only under a microscope. Typically, this is discovered when you have a urine test for some other reason. When there is enough blood to be visible, your urine may look pinkish, red, or smoky brown (like tea or cola). This is called gross or frank hematuria. It takes very little blood in urine to be visible —about one fifth of a teaspoon in a half quart of urine. A trace amount of blood in your urine is normal. The average person with a healthy urinary tract excretes about 1 million red blood cells (RBC) in the urine each day. This amount of blood is not visible. This is not considered hematuria.
An abnormal amount of blood in the urine can be acute (new, occurring suddenly) or chronic (ongoing, long term).
In Lupus, blood in the urine may be an indication of Lupus nephritis. There are very few signs or symptoms of lupus nephritis. However, it does not cause pain or burning during urination.
Lupus symptoms do include lesions/ulcers which can be in the mouth, nose or vaginal area. The lesions could cause burning during urination and may be the source of trace amounts of blood in your urine.
It might be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor to see exactly what is going on! I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

icegurl121691
08-30-2007, 05:37 AM
i will be sure 2 discuss this with my doctor at my next visit