PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say...

racinie
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
It always makes me sad when I hear someone with lupus is having a rough time. This being a support group site, one can read a lot about aches, pains, fatigue, frustration.... but i know that when i was going through a bad flare last summer, it would have helped me to hear someone say a little something like this:
Dispite lupus, and kidney involvment, I'm back at school full time. I'm in the marching band. I go out on the weekends. My life is back to normal. I still take medications, and i still see the rheumatologist often, but things are largely not too bad at all.
So to the ladies and gentlemen that feel like they're never going to be the same again, like I did, don't be discouraged. Just take your medications and try to live as normally as possible.
"Never stop living. Live until you die."
-Elizabeth Edwards

mnjodette
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks so much for that perspective, Racinie...it's wonderful to hear your positive attitude! Bless you!

Jody

hatlady
08-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Right on Racine, I like your attitude.

Life is good - I suspect most of us have flares and hard times but muddle through. I know when I'm down I appreciate the pat on top of my head and the gentle hug. The warmth of knowing that others understand and feel my pain.

Hearing uplifting stories helps at those times as well. And as far as the marching band? There was one on campus the other day. I felt compelled to MARCH in time back from lunch as they were practicing their marching...as only bands can do...LOUDLY. :lol: It lifted my spirits - just as your post has done!

Saysusie
08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
I agree :D I do think that we have had several of those uplifting stories. We've followed some members while they suffered through terrible flares to their state of manageable symptoms (like Littlered) who have shared some of the most heartwarming and funny stories with us!
Even those who are suffering and unable to find a way to say positive things about their condition have found that the others, on this forum, have pointed out the beauties and wonders of this world and our lives. But, you are right, it is important to try to keep a positive point of view and to never lose sight of the "GOOD" is occuring in our lives!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

KCsMOM
08-25-2007, 12:28 PM
So glad you are feeling better Racinie. It is so great to find people with such positive attitudes. When my son was diagnosed, the first thing that we were told was beware of the internet. Of course, I didn't listen and some information that I found was very upsetting. This forum has helped me so much with information and inspiration. I can see how much a positive attitude has helped my son and I hope that I can help him to always take care of himself while enjoying his life. Thank you all for helping me to see that you can still have a full life. :D

With prayers for all good things,
Beth