PDA

View Full Version : New from San Diego

rivers1anne
08-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi. I'm new to this site. I was diagnosed in January 07 with lupus, though my Rheumy believes I have had it since my teens, about 30 years. Guess I'm pretty lucky. The progression is only now beginning to present itself. Anyway, I'm in San Diego and love it here. I married my junior high/high school sweetheart in February 07 after 35 years apart and a very bad marriage. So even with the diagnosis and active disease, I am still VERY happy. Glad to be here. I look forward to talking with all of you.

Anne

mnjodette
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
San Diego - one of my favorite places! Been there many times.

I, too, was diagnosed at an 'older' age than most (56) but was told I probably had lupus-related symptoms for many, many years - probably since my 20s.

Glad you found us and hope you find some support here that will make a difference for you. And, glad you 'found' your old sweetheart at a time you really needed him! How lovely for both of you! Guess it's true that good things happen to those who wait! My husband and I have been together for 30 years, but it was a second-time-around for both of us.

Welcome to our 'family'!

Jody

Saysusie
08-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Rivers1anne :D

Welcome to our family where most of us have realized that we suffered with Lupus for many, many years prior to being diagnosed. After diagnosis, we all looked back and said, "So that's what all those different pains were about!"
Anyway, you will find that everyone here is very supportive, understanding, comforting, informative and caring. We want you to know that you are not alone.
I live in Southern California also, I am in the Inland Empire (approximately 2hrs north of you). I married my college sweetheart and we've been married for 33 yrs (oops, I'm really dating myself aren't I?).
The fact that you are so happy and that your husband is so supportive will be a positive factor in your ability to manage your disease. I wish you the very best and come to us for anything that you may need with reference to your Lupus!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie