PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Miranda
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi! My name is Miranda. I'm 23, been married for 5 years, & have 2 children. My daughter is 6 and my son is 1.

I just received a letter from my doctor yesterday discussing "possible" mild lupus after numerous tests... then he placed me on plaquenil. Apparently to help with my extreme fatigue and to "control the lupus symptoms".. I'm curious as to what it takes to really be truly finally diagnosed with lupus. I've lost 4 pregnancies (one to ectopic) and my last pregnancy with my son I had to be placed on Lovenox immediately to control my blood clotting disorder. Up until recently my doctor said I didn't have lupus... so weird. But anyways, I'm nervous still and a little worried in the future things could progress.

Sorry for the novel.

Saysusie
08-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Miranda;
Welcome to our family :lol:
In "Newly Diagnosed", you will see a post that discussed the criteria necessary for a lupus diagnosis. Also, there has been much discussion here about the difficulty in making a Lupus diagnosis. It is possible that you will never develop past the "Mild" stage. Unfortunately, it is just as possible that you will. One of the most heinous aspects of Lupus is its unpredictability. The only thing that we can do is to make the appropriate life-style changes, learn as much as we can about the disease, its symptoms, medications, treatments etc., and be pro-active in our health care. Listen to your body, do not ignore anything because the disease is systemic (meaning, it can affect every part of your body - from your brain to your skin!) and so the things that you feel are very real.
AVOID the sun, avoid the sun, avoid the sun, avoid the sun!!!!!! If you have to be in the sun, wear plenty of sunscreen and protective clothing. Let you body rest when you feel that you need it (take naps when you put your children down to nap). Eat healthy (I've found that five to six small healthy meals a day works better than three big meals a day for me). And, exercise (non-jarring) at least 20 minutes every day!
Come to us with any question that you may have, with any concern or just to vent. We are always here to help you in any way that we can.
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

icegurl121691
08-28-2007, 05:46 AM
welcome im also new here im still waiting 4 my doctor 2 run tests what tests did you have?

Missy
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Welcome, Miranda!