PDA

View Full Version : How many MG's of Plaquenil is everyone taking?

buddhabelly
08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I was just wondering what everyone's dose is for Plaquenil. Right now Im taking 2 tablets/daily (200 MG each). What is the normal dose? :?:

Pretti in Pink
08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
That's my dose as well. From people that I have talked to that sounds like the norm but hopefully others will chime in and share their dose.

buddhabelly
08-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for replying back so quickly. I was just wondering how much everyone else was taking. Ive been on it since February, I wonder if its kicking in and working, bcuz I know it takes a few months to work. I was hoping it would help my butterfly rash, because its known to help with the rash. :?

Missy
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
That's my dose, too. Honestly, I don't think it does anything for me at this point, but I'm hoping it will minimize any flare I might get. My Rheumy really wants me to keep taking it. He's humored me many times, so I figure I can humor him, too.

Nekhbet
08-23-2007, 03:23 AM
On my CMI (consumer medical info) it says that the dose for RA is 2-3 per day (may be reduced to 1-2/day) and for SLE and DLE it is 2-4 tablets/day(may be reduced to 1-2/day).

I'm also taking 2x200mg per day.

mnjodette
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Yup, that's my dose too. My rheumy said (when I questioned her about whether or not I still needed it) that I might not think it's doing much, but if I quit taking it I would probably realize that it was making quite a lot of difference in my fatigue levels. I'll take her word for it! She said it's likely I'll be on it for life - lots of SLE patients are. I've had no side affects from it, so I'm OK with that I guess.

buddhabelly
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
:wink: Thanks for all the replies guys! sorry havent replied back, just came back from vacation. 8)

I know Plaquenil has been probably helping me out with my symptoms a lot. Cant imagine taking it out of my meds routine. Just wish it can work wonders for my butterfly rash. :( Its hard to stay out of the sun especially on vacation. It flared up and got red a lot during my vacation. Felt so self-conscious, with friends asking why its red all the time. :cry:

Sorry for venting. Thanks for listening...

misslisa1017
09-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I've been on plaquenil for over three yrs now and it really helped me alot, but recently I've had some flares over this summer. So I don't know where things are going to go with the plaquenil now. I'm on cellcept now and feeling really tired. Not sure if it's a side effect or not.

Hope this helps you some. Oh and I take 200 mg twice a day.

CATHY23
09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
yeah thats my dose too. been on it for 4 yrs now but i dont really see any dramatic change, im still in pain and my hair still falls out. prednisone works for the pain, but not always. :)

PinkButterfly
09-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I take 200mg twice daily. Been on it since 1995 and it's made a tremendous difference in how I feel. Now if I miss a couple of doses, I can sure tell it. However, these past few months I seem to be getting progressively "achy-er" if that makes any sense so I don't know if it's losing it's effect or what, or if we're gonna have to add something to the mix.