PDA

View Full Version : Members Please Submit Favicons

admin
08-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi all,
Each forum should have it's own favicon. Before I create one for each I thought I'd let members submit their own ideas. A favicon is the little image that shows up in the address bar of your browser.

Anyone can do it, here are resources you can use.

http://www.favicon.cc/ - Create a favicon from scratch

http://www.favicongenerator.com - Create a favicon from an existing image.

http://mppierce66.home.comcast.net/web/fi/ - Sample favicon library to see ideas

Please post favicon image ideas and graphics on this thread here and I'll start selecting them around August 26, 2007.

Thanks!

hatlady
08-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Dear Admin.....
Is that a little avatar type thing for each forum? Is it on the forums list page or on the address bar? (I THINK you mean in the address bar at the top - Sort of a "logo" in the address bar showing where you are? )

If that's the case, should the address bar just have one for everything? Maybe the pink butterfly?

I'm not a techie, as anyone in my office will attest to....am I even in the same universe as what you're talking about?

browneyedgirl53
08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh Hatlady, you made me laugh so hard I almost pee'd my pants! I think you speak for a VAST majority of us, so don't feel alone.

Our gracious and creative leaders will clue us in.....(smile).

I hope you're doing well, and know that you are not alone in feeling like this is all some sort of new language. It's new to alot of us.

Take care & much love,
Browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl53
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
HERE YOU GO, HATLADY>: Hope this helps

What is a favicon?
Favicon (pronounced fav-eye-con) is short for 'Favorites Icon.' A Favicon is a multi-resolution image included on nearly all professional developed sites. Within Internet Explorer the Favicon is displayed on the Address line and in the Favorites menu. The Favicon allows the webmaster to further promote their site, and to create a more customized appearance within a visitor's browser. Often, the Favicon reflects the look and feel of the web site or the organization's logo.

browneyedgirl53
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
HOW DO I POST MY IDEAS?

Saysusie
08-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Conrad;
Well, I created my favicon - published it (at least I thought I did) and for the life of me, I cannot get it over here for you! I am also "techie-challenged" :cry:

Need your help

Saysusie

admin
08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
I had a couple pots of coffee and made Favs for all my forums.

You can see it on the left of your address bar. It's a butterfly and "WHL" letters.

Hope you guys like it, if anyone has a better one to submit then we'll put that new one up.

I did them in alphabetical order, so was a little better at them by the time I got to "W" - the first couple dozen were super duper ugly.

Oluwa
08-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't have a Butterfly WHL on my address bar...just the usual small explorer e.

I would like to see a Ladybug for Lauri...

Oluwa

hatlady
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Browneyedgirl, I'm SO glad I brought a laugh to your day!

And I'm also glad I'm not the only techno-challenged....

I use Mozilla, so I don't necessarily see the same FAVICON's I guess. In my address bar there's a little ribbon on a sheet of paper - same for all my favorites. I'll have to sign on in Explorer some day and see!

I like the idea of a butterfly for Laurie's Lounge as well - special fav just for that one

Hugs all -

admin
08-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Well now I'm just plain confused - I can see it in Mozilla and also in IE.

hatlady
08-22-2007, 04:32 AM
...sigh... what can I say?

I sign on at work, so maybe the network has something to do with it. I did notice that my WORK homepage has our logo on it. But almost everything else just has the little ribbon thing. I decided to look at a bunch of my bookmarked sites. The only exception I've found in my bookmarks is a HR professional group - just one of them - the rest still have the ribbon thing-ee.

wouldn't be the first time our work computers are different than the rest of the known computing world....

:roll:

IloveHistory
08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi!

Yup, I have Internet Explorer and I can't see it either! :(

Keep well! :)

Saysusie
08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I have Mozilla and I don't see it either. Is there something that we have to do on our end to get the favicon?
I created my own (of course, it was a picture of Lauri)..but I couldn't figure out how to get it over here for you to see it! So, I created another (a ladybug) and my techie "Inablility" had me at a loss again.
One thing about this site being at the end of the alphabet is that you are pretty much an expert at anything by the time that you get to us :D

So, those of us who have limited abilities need some remedial instructions from you (I guess). Perhaps you could break it down to us in a "See Jane run" format????

SMOOCHES
Saysusie

Missy
08-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know anything about this stuff, but I do use Mozilla, and I do see it!!!

Don't ask me why.....I'm not even going to try to create one......

Saysusie
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I finally see it!!! A beautiful yellow butterfly. However, it came up on Opera. I still cannot see it in Mozilla. Do you think that it is not coming up in Mozilla because WeHaveLupus is bookmarked?? Anyway, I'm happy I finally can see it!
THANK YOU CONRAD :D

Saysusie

hatlady
08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Saysusie it sounds so pretty!

On my aol I don't get any favicon at all...sadly!

Computers are wonderful and mysterious things...

mnjodette
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Nope - I can't see it either (I use Internet Explorer, too.) Hmmmm. My husband is a techie. I'll see if he can help this poor 'techno-peasant' as he calls me! :oops:
Jody

admin
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I finally see it!!! A beautiful yellow butterfly. However, it came up on Opera. I still cannot see it in Mozilla. Do you think that it is not coming up in Mozilla because WeHaveLupus is bookmarked?? Anyway, I'm happy I finally can see it!
THANK YOU CONRAD :D

Saysusie

Sometimes it takes a while because it's loading the old cache of the website. That's my theory anyway - don't really know.

You know at first I was going to do a Fav of Laurie, but I thought it might be too emotional to do that. Would you rather have that?

Oluwa
09-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi Conrad...

I see the yellow Butterfly now...with the blue WHL on my IE.

Thank you. Small details bring many joys.

Enjoy this day and all that follow,
Oluwa

Saysusie
09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Conrad;
No, I don't think that Lauri's Favicon would be too emotional. I'd enjoy looking at her up there. So, if you could..that would be great!
I've really gotten much better.............well, it's October, so I won't speak too soon :lol: I'll let you know in January!

Smooches My Friend..I really miss you!
Saysusie