PDA

View Full Version : I"m new

dlavietes
08-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Merry meet'

My name is Diana. I've had S.L.E.,Discoid Lupus for 26 years. In those 26 years, I've had two healthy children. I've had a lot of different Doctors. I fianally found a wonderful, caring Dr. I have also had a few other illnesses. (If I am spelling things funny, that's one of them...)Since the diagnose of lupus, fibromyalgia, IBS, acid reflux, sleep apnea, Sjogrens, memory loss ect. I think It would be nice to talk to other people about it. My family knows I have it, and they all make sure I don't over do anything. We don't discuss it very often, it makes them sad, or like if talking about is going to bring it to an end. It might feel good to be able to share and talk to someone else who understands, and isn't afraid to talk about it.
Merry part-
Bless it be-
Diana

Saysusie
08-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Diana :lol:
You have come to the right place to be amongst people who you can talk to about your Lupus and who will definitely understand everything that you are going through.
You are very lucky to have an understanding and caring doctor and even more lucky to have an understanding and caring family. You will find that everyone here is also understanding, caring, informative, and supportive.
I am glad that you joined us and know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

dlavietes
08-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Does anyone out there, that all the sudden, gets cold night sweats? Enough that all the bedding is wet in the morning? I'm also getting swollen numb foot and leg? Only on one side? this last week orr so, iv been feeling so sad, and confused.

Diana

Saysusie
09-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Diana;
Night sweats (or their daytime version, hot flashes) may be your first symptom of menopause. Infections, malignancy and other diseases can also cause night sweats. Since, with Lupus, our immune systems are compromised, your immune system may not be controlling the night sweats due to infection.
There are so many reasons that you may be having night sweats, some serious and some not so serious. First, figure out how long you have had night sweats. If you have had them more than several months, infection is less likely - but not ruled out. Check to see if you are having a true fever. The best time to check is in the evening, around 6:00 p.m., the usual time of highest temperature and before your night sweats. Most importantly, talk to your doctor. If you are really having chronic fevers, night sweats and continued numbness, a physical examination and some testing are probably in order. A blood count could show evidence of an infection or malignancy. A chest X-ray and possibly a CT scan of the chest may show signs of tuberculosis, another infection or another chest abnormality responsible for your fever. If all these tests reveal nothing, a CT scan of the abdomen may show an abscess. I certainly do not think you need all these tests up front, but sometimes, night sweats, chronic fever and numbness of extremities requires quite a lot of testing to arrive at the correct diagnosis. All three are symptoms that should not be ignored!
I wish you the very best
Peace and Blessing
Saysusie