PDA

View Full Version : Support Group in Los Angeles

mrssjlee
08-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi, my name is Jenny and I just joined this forum. I've had Lupus for 17 years and wanted to share about a support group in L.A. I haven't attended one yet but here's the information.

Set to meet the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerís Thalians Auditorium, the Lupus LA support group provides the opportunity to learn coping strategies, get advice, and talk with other people affected by lupus.

Every other month, a prominent guest speaker will discuss a special topic. Check back for details on our next speaker!

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
8730 Alden Drive, Plaza Level
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Complimentary parking: Parking in lot 2 (Spielberg lot)
on the corner of George Burns & Alden,
entrance on George Burns.

bonnie
10-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info...I recently heard about Cedar's Rehab program for fibromyalgia and chronic pain sufferers. It's 6 weeks of coping strategies, diet, exercise, group and individaul therapy, biofeedback etc. It is supposed to help you get on your feet and take better control, they also specialize in people wanting to get away from using narcotics, if you like, for pain managment.

You need a doctor's referal but insurance often covers the program...I think I'm going to give it a go in January. The info is on their website.