PDA

View Full Version : new 2 site and lupus

icegurl121691
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
my names carly im 16 years old i have a # of problems lupus is only 1 out of like a million! i was wondering if any1 experiences any upper back and side pain its driving me crazy im 2 youung 4 persciption pain killers and my dr thinks it could be kidney failure but test results come bac in a week i need 2 kno now

Saysusie
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Icegurl121691;
Lupus causes inflammation in many parts of the body. The spine is generally spared from the inflammation of lupus. However, Lupus can cause neck and back pain because the muscles can become inflamed. Also, the muscle pain syndrome called fibromyalgia can cause pain in these areas and is commonly associated with lupus. Moreover, cortisone medications that are frequently needed for treating lupus can weaken the bones of the spine, leading to breakage (fractures) of vertebrae. Also, a rare complication of lupus that involves inflammation of the spinal cord (transverse myelitis) can be associated with back pain.
Basically, there are many causes of pains in these areas, ranging from organ disease (such as kidney problems, as your doctors suspect, and others) to disc herniations. Because there are so many causes, it is not possible for us to know what the exact cause(s) of your particular back pains are. It is important that you allow your doctors to run the necessary tests in order to make that determination. Please keep us advised and come to us with any questions that you may have.
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

IloveHistory
08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Icegurl!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I'm almost seventeen years old, so our ages are close! :)

Keep well, God bless and feel better soon! :)

icegurl121691
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
thanks every 1 4 the support i was in the hospital 4 my gallbladder yesterday they tested me 4 lupus how long does the test take 2 come back?

IloveHistory
08-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi IceGurl!

It's only a pleasure! :)

I live in South Africa, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how long the test(s) take to come back in your country. However, I'm sure that somebody else will be able to answer that question soon. I think that it differs from pathology lab. to pathology lab. though.

Oh no! :( What is wrong with your gallbladder? How are you feeling now?

Feel better soon and God bless!

Saysusie
08-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Icegurl :lol:
ILoveHistory is absolutely right, the length of time to get test results depends greatly upon the lab. It can be from hours to days to weeks! Perhaps you can call your doctor's office to ask them what the turn around generally is for lab results.
Please keep us posted and if you need any help with understanding you lab result, we are here to help you with that also!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

icegurl121691
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
theres nothing much wrong with my gall bladder they say its just sludge but they thought it could of been blood or fluid so they did all kinds of tests im still waiting 4 my ANA test 2 come bac i should have the results by this tuesday. i have a drs appt on monday im not really looking foward 2 that i hope the test comes bac negative and then i kinda hope it comes bac positive because then there will be a reason 4 my hairloss and other symptoms
i hope u all enjoy your weekend! :D

IloveHistory
08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Icegurl!

Well, I'm glad to hear that there is nothing too serious going on with your gallbladder. You don't suffer from gallstones, do you?

Thanks very much! :D Enjoy your weekend too! :D

Keep well and God bless! :)

icegurl121691
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
well i think i have gallstones cause they run in my family then did the ultrasound when i wasnt in pain and there was no stones but i have this feeling that there are ill keep every1 updated

IloveHistory
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Icegurl. You're in my prayers...

Feel better soon and God bless!