PDA

View Full Version : New Memeber

ErinBonnie
08-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys!!!
Im a new member and just wanted to introduce myself my name is Erin and I like in orlando florida. I dont have lupus but my step mom has had lupus for almost 10 years now nd Im interested in learning as much as possible. Thanks guys!!

Barbara Jean
08-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi Erin, you can read about lupus from some of the books out there about lupus. Also this website is great!
Is she quite ill or is the lupus mild? She might like to join this group too!

Saysusie
08-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Hello Erin :lol:
Welcome to our family. Everyone here is extremely helpful, informative, kind, compassionate and understanding. I think that it is wonderful that you are trying to learn as much about this disease as you can for your step-mother's sake. That is an important step in helping her to manage this illness.
There will always be someone here to help you with any questions or concerns that you might have. Please let your step mother know that she is not alone and that we are here for you and for her!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

ErinBonnie
08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. My stepmom is doing pretty well considering she has osteoperosis she also used to have seizures real bad those have subsided now shes just achy and gets really bad migranes from time to time and is a little wobbily on her feet but I guess all considering she does pretty well for herself

IloveHistory
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi ErinBonnie!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Check out 'Friends and Family of S.L.E.' where you will find many other people who have relatives with Lupus.

I have Epilepsy, so I have seizures too! I also suffer from migraines.

Keep well and God bless! :)

TERIOD
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. My stepmom is doing pretty well considering she has osteoperosis she also used to have seizures real bad those have subsided now shes just achy and gets really bad migranes from time to time and is a little wobbily on her feet but I guess all considering she does pretty well for herself

I want to make a suggestion here, I am very impressed with your concern about your step mom, I think one of the best things you can do is learn about her medications I.E what there for, what they do, how she reacts to them, side effects, when she takes them, what the dosages are, when the doctors want her to stop or start them and help keep track of all that, even in a normal situation it gets very confusing for people who have problems remembering from drugs and lupus, and in a critical situation it could be life saving

bless you
Terry

ErinBonnie
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Those are all really great ideas. She takes so many medications for so many different things it would be quite a task to remember them all. But I think it was an excellent Idea I'm also studying medicine at UCF so hopefully that will allow me to help even more. I checked out the family and friend section it was quite an experience to see how so many people go through a lot of the same stuff my dad and I go through