PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

mnjodette
08-05-2007, 04:56 AM
I've been having headaches lately. I used to get migraines years ago and thought I had them licked. I was on atenolol for years, not for hypertension, but to control my migraines. Worked great. Stopped taking it some time ago because it seemed I had outgrown the headaches. Now they seem to be creeping back. I had what I assume to be a migraine a week ago and now wake up with some pretty bad headaches often. Almost feels like sinus headaches, but then my migraines always did. But, I get so wiped out by them now. Could this be lupus-related? I hate....ABSOLUTELY HATE....going on another medication. :mad: But I think I may have to go back on the atenolol. I can't do headaches again...just can't. Anyone have any advice on how to manage headaches? I'm working up to another one right now.

Jody

Pretti in Pink
08-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I have been experiencing the same thing and they usually are primarily over my right eye, is this where yours are? I seem to get mine when I am laying down.

cheryl_v
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Scroll down to the other entry of "headaches". there's good advice and ideas there to read. Sorry for you gals pain, sufferer of migrains myself.

icegurl121691
08-20-2007, 06:07 AM
i get headahes from the sun and the lights i havent found anything that works 4 me yet sorry

SonyaLA
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm there with Icegurl.. the sunlight is causing me to get headaches. The only relief I get is a cool rag over my eyes, a dark room, and a long nap.

I've really had to keep the hats and sunglasses handy this summer.

Sonya

mnjodette
08-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm back on the atenolol, and the headaches are gone already. Guess that sends me a message - one more pill in my life!

Jody