PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Collapse in Minnesota

mnjodette
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Please keep the victims of the bridge collapse (and their families) in your thoughts and prayers. We who live here in Minnesota are just in shock. The agency I work for is based out of the Twin Cities and so many of my colleagues and friends were affected by this tragedy...no one lost, though, thank God. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times and can scarcely believe what happened...it just SHOULD not have happened.

Jody

browneyedgirl53
08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Jody,

I believe the entire world has those victims in their hearts and on their minds. What a devastating tragedy. My father is from a tiny town in Minnesota (Spring Grove), and like you; we used to travel that bridge every summer when we were kids.

Please know that I will keep them in my prayers. Doesn't this just shake you to your core, how fragile our lives are - that we live minute by minute.

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Pretti in Pink
08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I echo Browneyedgirl's sentiments. I heard it on the news this morning and I just couldn't believe, but I will definetly keep them in my prayers.

Saysusie
08-04-2007, 06:57 AM
So do I, this has really saddened me and I certainly am keeping the friends and families in my prayers!

Saysusie

mnjodette
08-05-2007, 04:29 AM
An update: one of the women who works for my agency was on the bridge when it collapsed - she was pulled from her car and has fractures of her spine. She'll recover, but it'll take a long, long time. Just a young woman. So sad. I cross a large, very long span of bridge across a bay of Lake Superior, almost every day. Now....it really makes me think. I'll bet everyone out there who crosses a bridge, or an overpass, is thinking the same thoughts. You're right, Browneyedgirl, life is fragile and so precious. Carpe diem!

Jody