PDA

View Full Version : SEEKING SEATTLITES....COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

browneyedgirl53
07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I live close to the Seattle/Eastside area and would love to join and/or start a lupus support group. If you are interested, please respond.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Play in the Day Your In

Beaten down, battered, broken, afraid
Will pain go away if I'm strong?
While tears flow copiously, I have prayed
That weeping can't be wrong

Understanding, attentive, patient and real
You reach out and I'm alive
Again tears flow freely as I truly feel
Now I'm ready to survive

Breaking that veritable wall of darkness
Cautiously backing away to see
Assembling all truth I sincerely confess
In this day I can be free

Who knows the reasons? Who is to say
Why we live through what we must
It's taking each moment as gift for today
That will grow to love and trust

So now, I play in the day I'm in
Productive as I can be
Living here, Loving now, is how I win
And keep life alive for me.

~Unknown

Pretti in Pink
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
not from seattle, up here in Texas but that was a beautiful poem. thanks for sharing

browneyedgirl53
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks Pretti,

When I was feeling so frustrated about being "tied down" to all these doctor appointments and meds...I felt like I didn't have a life anymore.
I read that poem and it so gracefully explained how we all can feel "afraid" to live in the present....because our memories of the past keep us stuck where we are (does that make sense?).

I hope you're doing well my friend, take good care of yourself.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
07-31-2007, 07:12 AM
I think I will use that phrase as my motto..."I Play in the day I'm In!"
I love it. Thank you for sharing Browneyedgirl.

Oh, not from Seattle either. :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Missy
07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi browneyedgirl!

Well, you know I'm not in Seattle, but fairly near (about an hourish, depending on Everett traffic, as usual!)

There is a support group at the LFA office in Shoreline - maybe we should go sometime?

I used to have a small support group up here, but it fizzled out. One of our members passed away (not from Lupus), another went in to an assisted living facility, and it was just hard to get people there. So, after 2 years, I gave it up, but still get together every now and then with one of the members.

Oluwa
08-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I used to be a Seattlite. I guess I still am. I am just wandering the east coast for a spell, for a while.

Seattle...Sammamish Plateau...Just now I closed my eyes, clicked my heels and said, "There is no place like home." Opened my eyes and sigh I am still here in SC.

Be well,
Oluwa

Missy
08-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Hopefully, you get to come back soon, Oluwa!

Oluwa
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
One day some day. I see you are from Everett.

Shoreline, Queen Anne, Issaquah, Capitol Hill, Fremont, Ballard, Green Lake I miss it all. The landscape, the restaurants, the activities, the people...

If I was there I would surely meet up with you in Shoreline...
Hope a bit of wellness finds you, Missy.
Oluwa

Missy
09-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi Oluwa -

Actually I'm not from Everett - even farther north - close to the Canadian border, but my sister and cousin are in Seattle. I'm always scared of driving there. I only know my specific destinations, other than that, I'm as lost as can be. My husband says just to orient myself with the water, but I even get turned around that way.........

Anyhoo, wish you were here back in the good ole Pacific Northwest, though it hasn't been that nice of a summer. I keep meaning to go to the Shoreline support group, but haven't made it there yet. Maybe I'll talk my sister into going with me sometime. She lives close to there and has Lupus, too.

Take Care!

Oluwa
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi MIssy,

Would that be Bellingham? Burlington? Mount Vernon? Beautiful up there too.

Any city can be daunting when you only go once in a blue moon. And Hwy99 Aurora, some sections hard to get off and get to the otherside. I know of many who ended up going all the way downtown from north Seattle..

When I feel strong enough to travel that far, hopefully this Spring I will take a trip home. Was hard to travel with an unforgiving back, three previous surgeries and now Lupus making its presence more in the mix...Icky.

Did you make it to the Shoreline group this month? Run into BrowneyedGirl? I've notice she hasn't been around in a spell. Hope she is well considering Lupus and all its sister cruds.

Enjoy the day,
Oluwa

Suzique
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Don't know if anyone is even following this particular subject any longer. It has been a very long while since any postings here. But, I am new, so I will give it a try. I am from just east of Everett - Lake Stevens. I investigated a local chapter to join, but I haven't joined one, yet. It has taken me 4 years to get the courage to join a forum like this, I am so afraid of joining a group, only to find I am barging in on a well-adhesed group. Years of being a military brat and always being the new kid have done that to me, I guess. I'm jumping in here with both feet, but this is only my typing that may get ignored - not me. So, if anyone out there is still interested in going to a meeting in this area, please post. I would love to go and know there is someone there for me to specifically meet!

Susan

Kahalagurl
01-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey, im in Hawaii, but will be moving to Washington in the Everett area at the end of the year. I would love to get in touch with others in the area and continue/build a support group...

Oluwa
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Hawaii? A wonderful place. I lived in Aiea for 3 years. I was attached to Pearl Harbor Subase eons ago. Island hopped often. Vacationed there annually after returning to Seattle. Married on Maui over 5 years ago.....

Seattle will always be my home even while living in South Carolina...

We've been eyeing up Hawaii again. Seattle's mountains, lush and green and cloudy days or sunny days, listening to the ocean roar will shadowing under an umbrella? Tough choice for me...

You'll love Seattle. Everything wonderful makes up for the short summers and drizzling winters.

It maybe a great place for those with Lupus. As, when I left Seattle my Lupus grew and grew. I've never been sicker...

Lucky you.

Enjoy the PNW,
Oluwa

Missy
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm in Bellingham, just about 1 - 1 1/2 hours North of Seattle, so maybe we could all arrange to meet at the Shoreline Lupus Support Group through the Lupus Foundation fo America - Pacific Northwest Chapter or somewhere else. I could probably talk my sister (who has Lupus, too) into coming as well. She and I have co-captined a team for the annual walk for the last several years. Everyone I've met through the walk has been really nice and welcoming, even though I'm from out of town, so I bet it would be a nice support group.