PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed in 2003

Cochise
07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi,
38 tomorrow, married, 3 children. Live in Port St Lucie FL.
Just looking to find others who understand this. Others who may have advise on how to handle the constant changes and weird new things as well as the thoughts that "I will never feel good again" and "how long will I live".
My Mom died at 43 from what we now believe was Lupus. I probably would have followed suit last year at the age of 37 if God hadn't given me a small miracle. I have tried many meds but so far they have not worked.

Most of the time I handle ok - or so I think. But sometimes I get really down and can't seem to shake it. I am there right now and haven't been able to let go of the doom feeling for about a month now.
I saw the Faith & Fellowship part of this site and decided this is where I want to start.
So - Hello everyone!

Saysusie
07-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Cochise :D
Welcome to our family where you will find that everyone understands what you are going through and what you are feeling. You will, most assuredly, find someone who has been where you are and/or who is going through what you are experiencing. Yes, one of the frustrating things about Lupus is that it is always changing: New symptoms appear, old symptoms change and or are replaced with something new. Just when we feel as if we've gotten over one hurdle with a symptom, we wake up in the morning with something completely new. This can be quite disheartening and is enough to cause anyone to fall into a state of depression!
The feelings of depression are also a symptom of Lupus (amongst all of the other symptoms that we must deal with) and I have always advocated that it is just as important for us to treat our emotional symptoms as it is to treat out physical symptoms; the two are intertwined and neither can improve without treating the other. You are not alone in feeling sad, depressed, frustrated and even a bit hopeless. Just know that you are not alone, we are all here to help you in any way that we can. Your feelings, both physical and emotional, are very real and it is quite common for those of us living with this disease, to get down and blue and afraid for our futures! Come to us whenever you need to and we will be here to help you through all of those issues!
I wish you the very best. Remember, you are not alone!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

IloveHistory
08-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Cochise!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :D :bday: :new-bday: :smilecolros:

Keep well and God bless! :)

mnjodette
08-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Welcome, Cochise - we almost share a birthday - mine was July 21st. I was a late comer to lupus - not diagnosed until I was nearly 56. But, I undoubtedly had the disease for a long, long time before hand. Saysusie is so right...just when you think you know what's happening to you, something new comes along and you have to come to terms with it all over again. It is depressing, and frustrating. You are NOT alone - you will have many friends here who really, really understand. We all come here to vent, to cry, to question - and to look for support, advice, comfort. It's been a God-send to me, and others, and I hope it will be for you. There are others here who probably share your symptoms and when you feel ready, you can ask about those, too. Or, just come here and talk...about anything at all. I'm glad you're here - welcome to the 'family.'

Jody

SonyaLA
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Cochise,

Greetings from another Florida gal. I'm up in Lake Alfred, Central Florida... right in the middle of the "I4 Corridor".
I'm 40, married, two girls 7 and 9, diagnosed SLE 2 years ago... sick for about 6 years.
Weird has become the norm. Good days become something to celebrate and feeling down about it somtimes is your due. I allow myself to wallow a bit every now and then. This forum is a blessing to me, as I don't feel so alone. My hubby is supportive, so is my employer and family, but sometimes they can't help the blank stare when I tell them what's going on. Explaining brain fog, or fatigue so bad you can barely crack an eyelid, and yet not able to sleep at night. No matter what is going on with me, I can log on and find someone else with the same thing and tons of supportive people who are just there to listen.

Welcome ...

Sonya