PDA

View Full Version : New to forum having lupus for 4 years

hem
07-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I am suffering with the form of LUPUS SLE for the past 4 years. Lupus I have normally have mainly relates to joint pains,fatigueness ,altough it initially started with the swelling of eye's,stomach ,hair loss and complete loss of apetite. But now I have come to stage where I suffer from mainly joint pains. I have learned to live with lupus nowadays except for some minor depression phase I go though at times. I am just wanting to know any advanced treatments available.

Saysusie
07-23-2007, 08:27 AM
First..let me welcome you to our family. I am happy that you found us and that you decided to join us :lol:

While there still is no cure for Lupus (primarily because there is no one indicator for a cause), there is continual research being done on treatments. The research is varied and covers many aspects of the disease and its symptoms. So, it would be helpful to know what aspect of Lupus are you looking for advanced treatment? For instance, there is research being done on treatment for Lupus Nephritis, there is research being done for treatment of Pericarditis, Pulmonary Hypertension, Lupus Migraines, Discoidal Lupus, Neonatal Lupus, Lupus ulcers and oral Lesions, ......I could go on, but I'm sure you understand my point.

There is a forum here called Lupus Medications where there are discussions about new treatments and research. Perhaps you might find them helpful also! There is a thread started by Pooie95 that has many links to research and new medications!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

IloveHistory
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Hem!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well and God bless! :)