PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i am new to this forum

alee
07-19-2007, 07:04 PM
:? hi My name is ALison from Oberon Australia. I am 40 yrs of age, i have had discoid lupus for about 9 years and i have had morphea scleroderma for about 7 yrs. I am justs starting to get arthritis in my wrists and fingers.. Even though i dont have SLE i feel so tired and depressed, is this common with discoid lupus >???? The doctors here in Australia say they have'nt seen anyone with the overlap of discoid lupus and morphea scleroderma, has anyone got this overlap or know of anyone with it ?? I also have scarring alopecia, caused by the discoid lupus.
I would love to hear from anyone with the same disease...
Thanks for listening to me...
Alee

BREAD
07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Alison, Welcome to the forum! I'm a newbie still too!!! :lol:

alee
07-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks, i hope to get to know alot of you on this site, I have been reading alot of the posts, Lupus seem to be very common, but it is what you get with it that makes the illness so very different !!!

IloveHistory
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi Alee!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I have Cutaneous (skin) Lupus Erythematosus and I also have Alopecia, but mine is non-scarring. My Alopecia could be from auto-immune diseases/problems (I have quite a few) or it might be related to the fact that I have Seborrheic Dermatitis.

I have a lot of relatives who live in Australia! :)

Keep well and God bless! :)