PDA

View Full Version : Emotional

the_librarian
07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm feeling especially emotional today. I seem to be overly sensitive about everything and just feel sad. Not about the SLE, just melancholy. I've been on a low dose of Lexapro since coming off the prednisone (about two months) and being emotional today doesn't seem like the mood swings I was having that prompted the Lexapro. I'm just, well, emotional.

I know we all have these days, but I could really use a bit of a lift. Knowing I'm not alone in this would be helpful so this is my plea to hear about your experiences or your words of encouragement. I've even tried my usual cheer up songs/methods and there just seems no way to get around having this day be all blah...

angela
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
hey there my dearest ab! i'm sending you hugs and cheer ups! i totally understand how yr feeling today. fortunatley i woke up this morning with lot's o cheer, and some of it must have been meant for you :lol:

i've seen many of your posts here and you always have something warm and comforting and/or funny to say, so i know that there are tons of us here who are more than willing to return the favor.

whenever i'm feeling 'emotional' i go ahead and feel it for a set amount of time, say 10, 15, 20 min. then, that's it! i call it - sitting on the pitty potty, then getting up and flushing :lol: and i do it for anything.

hmmm, let me see.... do you like fruit? i do. especially summer time fruit! and right now i'm in heaven because i'm eating, while typing!, a wonderfly ripe necterine. hmmm. happiness! joy!! is there a fruit you like that you feel passionate about like i do about necterines, or raneir cherries? tell me about it!

i'm in northern california, a beautiful little town on the water just 20 minutes north of san francisco that i just love. if you've seen any of my posts, you'll know!! however, you are in the wonderful and beautiful north carolina!!! hubby and i wish we where there! we love it there. can you ell me about where you are and what's so special and beautiful about it to you?

waiting to hear back from ya! be well :wink:

the_librarian
07-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Angela,

This is exactly the kind of post I need. I love mangos and I have three perfectly ripe ones at home. I'm looking forward to cutting them up tonight and eating them. I never had mangos as a kid and now I can't seem to get enough of them. If they are just ripe enough it tastes like eating sunshine.

It is VERY hot in NC right now, but the sun is shining. I think I could use a great storm and we are expecting one later. I miss the ocean. My husband and I usually go a lot during the year, but with job changes and ill health we haven't made it. I also love to read and I'm in between books right now. There is nothing like a good book on the front porch with juicy mango cubes and a cool glass of water. I always thought I'd leave this state and after living elsewhere it just feels like home.

I'm glad you woke up with extra cheer today...I'll give myself some pitty potty time and get back on track. I think what has done it to me today is that I'm applying for a promotion at work and feeling a bit insecure about it. I've only been in my job for a month, but I had far more experience than was required. I really just wanted to get here and start working with this amazing group. None of us expected the position to come open so quickly and because I work for the state I have to apply like everyone else. Whether I make it through the review process is completely up to the whims of our HR department so all I can do is pray and wait. If I'm meant to get it, I will, but that doesn't stop it from making me emotionally jumbled.

Thanks again for spreading your cheer...I'm feeling better already.

IloveHistory
07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi The_Librarian!

I'm SO sorry that you've been feeling down today, but please know that we are all here to cheer you up!

Good luck with your promotion application! Let us know how it goes!

Keep well, God bless and feel better soon! :)

also_ran
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I was having myself a pity party other day as well. I let it go on for about an hour then I got up and went outside to work on in my rose garden. Of course it was 2am...so I was working by the moonlight and what the porch light was illuminating. It was very peaceful. I hope you find something to cheer you up.

mnjodette
07-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Hi, AB. Angela is so right - it's good to let yourself have a pity party sometimes - but limit it. I'm a big, fat worrier and I have to do the same thing to control how much I worry. I allow myself to focus on whatever I'm worrying about for just a short time (maybe 15 minutes) and then I make myself do something else - something that will take my mind off the worry. It really works! (Well....mostly!) I hope it works for you, AB. It's no fun to feel melancholy and it probably doesn't help your lupus.

Angela, I LOVE summer fruit! Nectarines are my absolute favorite. I love to put them in a bowl on the counter in my kitchen and have that wonderful smell as they ripen. Nothin' like it to make my mouth water! We don't have a lot of home grown summer fruit in Minnesota, except berries - but we have lots of those! And in the fall we have wonderful, wonderful apples. Umm, umm, umm...makes me hungry!

Jody

the_librarian
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you all!!! To my pleasure, I did perk up yesterday. I allowed myself some time to worry and feel emotional, then I focused on something completely unrelated and it helped a lot. I'm feeling better today (only a mild trace of melancholy, but not enough to ensnare me. :)

IloveHistory
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi The_Librarian!

I'm SO glad to hear that! :D

Keep well and God bless! :)

GlassHalfFull
07-21-2007, 12:42 PM
MLS - rutgers

browneyedgirl53
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi AB,

I've been away for awhile and am just now cathing up on our favorite site, here!

Everyone who has responded to you speak from their own experiences, and it's always good to share those ideas....because I believe sometimes we get "STUCK" in our own ruts (doing the same thing, expecting different results....you know what I mean?) I've walked in your shoes and I completely understand how you feel STUCK in the sadness.

I had terrible results with Lexapro, it made me feel more depressed than I was before. My doctor changed my prescription to Zoloft, and it has made a HUGE difference, I mean a TREMENDOUS difference in my whole attitude, energy level, etc. If I may be so bold, I would suggest talking to your doctor to see if there is a "better fit" for you, as you don't feel like the Lexapro is working. I'm not trying to be "bossy", I hesitated for so long before I started to speak up, and take charge of this partnership I have with all my doctors. You have too.....because you're the only who can determine if your medications, therapies are working for you.

I discovered that when I'm feeling especially low, I like to take off for a short hike on the mountain trails with my dog, Tucker. There's something healing about being in the company of nature and all it's splendid beauty.....and realizing, everything and everyone grows at different rates in different ways. After the winter storms, the forest has a way of regrowing, regenerating new plants, and the debris becomes a haven for the seedlings and critters that keep the forest clean. Wow, I got off on a tangent there, didn't I?

It has taken me a very long time to understand that reaching out and sharing my concerns, fears, hopes and dreams....doesn't have to be scary; just that it's important to find that "safe" person or place to do so. With great credit to Saysuzie and so many others.....this has become a refuge for us come to.

Always remember, "this too shall pass"....and that you are never alone. I would go so far as to say, we're a family of loving, caring, and exceptionally supportive people. I'm proud of you for having the courage to share. It didn't hurt did it? And look at all the great advice and suggestions you received....you are loved!

My prayer is that you will have a peaceful and calming energy that will settle in your heart. Take good care of yourself, being outside always helps me! Pack up your water, your journal....and hike till you find that spot that draws you in...and you can journal your feelings. It has helped me more than any drug.

I wish you well and hope that you will have the strength to always make it through another day.....because tomorrow holds promises for you.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

the_librarian
07-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Glasshalffull - MLS = UNC