PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction: Husband & Wife Duo...

BREAD
07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone! Needless to say, I am very happy we stumbled on your site. My name is Bill and my wife Nancy was recently diagnosed with lupus (SLE).

Once diagnosed (long process like everyone else) we began reading everything we could get our hands on. That lasted a couple days before we both became overwhelmed and took a break to let this set in. Now that we are back in the saddle, it is time to face reality and learn everything we can. I will let Nancy go into details on her situation.

I am here for my wife, together we will grow with this challenge. Not once, have we ever backed down from opposition, we make a great team and lupus is not going to be any different.

This weekend, based on our reading here we ordered a couple books to help start our lupus library as well. With any luck, they should be here in the next day or two.

We have TONS of questions, but first and foremost I wanted to start our introductions properly and express our gratitude to the forum owner for maintaining this site. Additionally, there are some very educated veterans that seem to help with a lot of the questions, thank you for your contributions as well.

diandbarth
07-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Welcome, there is a lot to learn about this disease, and this seems to be the place to get the questions answered.

Saysusie
07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi Bill :lol:
Welcome to our family. I think that I posted a response to your wife's inquiry already.
I am the moderator and this site was developed for me by a very dear friend (Beloved Administrator) in memory of my daughter (you can read the site dedication if you like - click on "Submit Articles" above - to the far left, you will see a link that says "site dedication").
Just know that there is always someone here willing to help you and your wife by providing answers, providing support, giving comfort, being understanding or in just letting you know that we are not alone.
Once again....welcome :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

IloveHistory
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi BREAD!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you and your wife found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Check out 'Friends and Family of S.L.E.', where you will find many people, including husbands, who have relatives with S.L.E.

Keep well and God bless! :)

BREAD
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcome. Bear with us, I have been on forums for many many years, Nancy is still learning. :o

Saysusie - prior to registering I read the site dedication, it was one of the main reasons I felt so comfortable with us divulging personal information on a new to us forum. It brought tears to my eyes and affirmed your support for everyone here.

Diandbarth & Ilovehistory, thanks for the welcome. I definitely plan to spend some time in the family and friends section as well as the others.

IloveHistory
07-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi BREAD!

It's only a pleasure! :D

Keep well! :)