PDA

View Full Version : Itchy&Scratchy

Brian0025
07-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Any guys or gals ever get an extremely intense itch on their legs. One that WILL NOT go away until it says ok?

TERIOD
07-17-2007, 06:44 AM
i used to have extreme itches on the bottom of my feet until they went permanantly numb, i think it prolly had something to do with neurapathy

Saysusie
07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Do you have raised red bumps and/or lesions as well as the itchy legs? If so, this is not uncommon in Lupus. Some people with lupus develop skin lesions (subacute cutaneous lesions) that initially resemble small pimples but that eventually turn scaly and itchy, whereas others have large, flat, itchy lesions with clear centers.
Have you heard of Restless Leg Syndrome? RLS sensations are often described by people as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs. Often called paresthesias (abnormal sensations) or dysesthesias (unpleasant abnormal sensations), the sensations range in severity from uncomfortable to irritating to painful.
Is it in the same place in one leg or both legs? Allergic reactions will not cause itching symmetrically on both legs.
Does it occur after a shower? Does it occur after exercise? Could be Itchy leg syndrome which some believe is due to due to poor circulation.
Could be viral or some sort of infection. There are so many reasons why you may have itchy legs. Perhaps you should discuss it with your doctor. In my research, however, I did find a lot of discussions, by men in particular, who described your symptoms - mostly after hot showers or after exercising!

Saysusie

utenutter
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
hello all
i get really itchy hands, also those feelings in the legs i get something like that,Saysusie the way you describe some of those is exactly what i get. so they could be realated to the lupus. also those subacute cutaneous lesions do they look simular to school sores?

learning more every day

how is it all going teroid?

shane

Brian0025
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't get any bumps, rashes, or scratches. It's just soo intense, and makes u extremely frustrated bcuz there's nothing you can do and it's more irritating than my 5-yr old neice. It also happens at the bottom of my legs and feet.

Saysusie
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Utenutter :lol:
I have to admit to my ignorance here......I do not know what "school sores" are??

SORRY :?

Saysusie

utenutter
07-20-2007, 11:49 PM
sorry thats there common name over here technical name is "impatigo" i think thats is how you spell it.

shane

jfal
08-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I too have the itch. I have episodes involving hands, feet, my right ear and a permanent patch below my right hand side ribcage.

Pugzi
08-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I have the raised red itchy bumps on my legs and stomach, esp after being in heat. It's an irritation where my clothes are. How do I treat that??

dsunshine
09-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I have itchy elbows...INTENSE itchy elbows and as of late it has been itchy hands and a small patch on my chest. Comes and goes but when it is here I scratch like HECK!!! I do use benedryl or cortaid as I was told by my dr. it was okay and common. I do have the small red raised bumps Susie stated but they come and go. I have noticed more as of late that I have them more often when it is extremely hot, which it has been the past few weeks in S. Cali (los angeles) and weather conditions with the fires out here.

SandyR
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh I do! Especially when the weather changes, or I spend too much time in the sun, or I eat something with lactose (I am lactose intolerant) or I am tired or flaring or pretty much all the time it seems. It can be so embarrasing and socially awkward to be so itchy all the time.

scubagramplit
12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
I get itchy patches that come and go at will, I can't say that it is always in one spot because it creeps up in different spot at times, legs, arms, hands, fingers,feet, everywhere. After I notice that I am starting to scratch I will put cortisone cream on it, that helps greatly. I get the little pimple like bumps all over here and there, irritating but no big deal, however sometimes if there in a spot where my close rub it feels like I have like a little sliver in the spot, that drives me nuts:( Interesting though my new reumy told me it was not lupus however my old reumy said yes, I never used to have this problem before so I have to lean toward the yes it is Lupus answer.

Tempeth
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow, so glad I randomly read this thread, I have been getting these little bumps that I thought were bug bites because they itched so bad (and I am very susceptible to itching when I get bit) but they wouldn't go away and would turn in to dry scaly circle. Thanks Saysusie for the info!