PDA

View Full Version : Strange Symptoms, yuck.

roman9
07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
This is kinda gross but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one...did anyone ever get any tiny skin growths, slightly remembering warts? Or did you get any skin depigmentation? I have this white patch of skin on my abdomen now.

cheryl_v
07-15-2007, 08:27 PM
:o Yes me too. I had a small wart on my finger that appeared. OTC meds took care of it. I have small light patches on my arms too. Don't know why though. Just thought I'd pop in to let you know others do too. At least I know I do, lol. :wink:

Saysusie
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Discoid Lupus and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus does have some skin growths that resemble rashes that may have raised bumps. Also, Discoid LE lesions may occur in conjunction with firm lumps in the fatty tissue underlying the skin, or panniculitis. This form of panniculitis is called lupus profundus.
One of the many symptoms of Lupus is our predisposition to infections. Changes to skin coloration can indicate various medical conditions, however whitening can occur due to infections. Additionally, SLE lesions are very photosensitive and worsen when they are exposed to sunlight or artificial sources of untraviolet light. These lesions do not scar; however, they can produce areas of light or dark skin discoloration (scarring denotes more than just a color change) amd they usually lesions usually do not itch.
Approximately 20% of patients with systemic LE, or SLE, will have discoid LE lesions (surface of skin) as their initial disease symptom. The term "skin lesion" used here refers to any discrete area of abnormal skin. Another 10% of SLE patients will have subacute cutaneous LE (SCLE) skin lesions (surface and lower layers of skin) as their initial disease symptom. Baasically, 60% - 80% of patient with SLE will develop some type of skin problem during the course of their illness.
If you are very concerned about the discoloration and raised skin, please bring them to the attention of your doctor.
I wish you the very best!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Moxie
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I have small white spots all over my forearms.

My rheumy calls it a "rash" and tells me to stay out of the sun.

In my case, they are permanent.