PDA

View Full Version : Yes, she really is TIRED!

Saysusie
11-27-2001, 12:25 PM
Living with a Lupus patient requires patience and understanding of their symptoms. We have a tendency to think that they cannot be THAT fatigue, that they should get up and do more to combat the fatigue. The truth is, Lupus patients are truly and chronically fatigued. They are not pretending, nor are they trying to get out of doing things - they are fatigued. Most of all, they wish that they were not so fatigued!

admin
11-27-2001, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the tip Suzie!

admin
02-09-2002, 04:50 AM
Still a great tip. http://wehavelupus.com/ubb/smile.gif

jamesron41
03-29-2002, 06:14 PM
And still still a great tip! http://wehavelupus.com/ubb/smile.gif

admin
03-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Hi Suzie!
I haven't seen you for a while...miss you!

Cybermonsters

Saysusie
05-21-2002, 01:39 AM
Still here, still checking!

Linda From Australia
05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the tip .... I just thought I would let you know ... that after nearly 10 years, I would make your day and answer your post. See good things are worth waiting for. And yes, I really do wish I was not that fatigued.

tgal
05-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Too many people forget this or never understand it in the first place

Saysusie
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh My Gosh...how funny. I posted that when WHL was new and we had almost zero members. Conrad kept encouraging me telling me that the site would take off and, oh how right he was.
I had completely forgotten about this post and, THANK YOU so much for replying. You are the best :-)

Always wishing you
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

ritzbit
06-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I quoted this on my facebook the other day for one of my "lupus facts" for lupus awareness month =)

Linda From Australia
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Saysusie I thought you would enjoy the encouragement. Sometimes we pray for things to happen and wonder why God doesn't answer our prayers. But he does answer all our prayers in his own time, and not ours.

I suppose your never thought about how much impact you would have on other people's lives. Think about it, your daughter's death, has actually saved many other people from dying early. Apart from giving people correct medical information, empowering them to stand up for their rights, you have actually saved people from committing suicide. I mean it, so many people get depressed with Lupus, and would have probably done something to end their suffering. But because they have another family who listens to them and not criticise them, they have a purpose. And what is even more important, when things are so bad for many of us, we can go online and help other people.

Here are the latest statistics:
Threads 9,928 Posts 87,197 Members 23,537 Active Members 159

You have been the reason that there are 87,197 posts. And at the moment, 159 people are in constant contact. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving me a purpose, and encouraging me to do what ever I can to be healthy.

But what is more important, you have taught me how to be happy and sick at the same time. Well, sometimes I am sick and unhappy, but you also have given me permission to be miserable

tgal
06-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Yes. We can be that tired. Thankfully though you and Conrad gave us a place where people understand that. I, for one, am more thankful then you will every know

Nonna
06-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I was tired, I was upset, and here I found hope and understanding.

Thank you isn't enough to say how greatful I am for you and Conrad

hugs and much love being sent your way Susie

tgal
06-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Saysusie I thought you would enjoy the encouragement. Sometimes we pray for things to happen and wonder why God doesn't answer our prayers. But he does answer all our prayers in his own time, and not ours.

I suppose your never thought about how much impact you would have on other people's lives. Think about it, your daughter's death, has actually saved many other people from dying early. Apart from giving people correct medical information, empowering them to stand up for their rights, you have actually saved people from committing suicide. I mean it, so many people get depressed with Lupus, and would have probably done something to end their suffering. But because they have another family who listens to them and not criticise them, they have a purpose. And what is even more important, when things are so bad for many of us, we can go online and help other people.

Here are the latest statistics:
Threads 9,928 Posts 87,197 Members 23,537 Active Members 159

You have been the reason that there are 87,197 posts. And at the moment, 159 people are in constant contact. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving me a purpose, and encouraging me to do what ever I can to be healthy.

But what is more important, you have taught me how to be happy and sick at the same time. Well, sometimes I am sick and unhappy, but you also have given me permission to be miserable

I couldn't have said it better. You did a really good thing for a whole lot of people! Thank you