PDA

View Full Version : Just in need of a bit of energy....

hatlady
07-11-2007, 07:06 AM
I have a rough day of meetings and interaction ahead. I'm hurting like heck (summer is always harder - the SUN!), I'm tired as I didn't sleep well, and would just love to go home and crawl under the covers.

Would appreciate warm, caring thoughts of energy and strength....

Thanks, all,

hugs,

~ hatlady

the_librarian
07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry you are having a hectic day on a bad SLE day. I hate those the worst. I am thinking about you and hoping your day goes smoothly, that you get a second (or first) wind and that your day goes so quickly that you can be home to rest soon. When I'm feeling that way I also hope for my last meeting to get canceled so I can get out of work earlier rather than later. I don't know how important your afternoon meetings are, but if they are so-so, may they all be canceled!

Take care of you. If you have a break between meetings, even if it is for 15 minutes, find a place to sit and breath deeply. I find that if I can close the door to my office and just sit on the floor for 2 minutes and concentrate on relaxation breathing I almost always feel the tiniest bit better.

Sending my thoughts and prayers...

cheryl_v
07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry your having a rough time, I hope things get better for you.

I know evryone has their own advice on getting energy, so I hope you don't mind me sharing mine. I took this advice from sports runners and bikers, they use it as anenergy boost: diluted juice, half juice/half water and a banana. Also did you know one apple contains more energy than a cup of coffee? So I have an apple with my coffee for breakfast. And I have the diluted juice and banana for afternoon snack.

Hope it helps hatlady. :P

hatlady
07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Thank you both! I currently am on a 5 minute break between things, so signed on. Your kind words and advice give me energy to make it through the day! I'm eating an apple - with green tea - and breathing deeply - as I write this.

Thank you so for your support and suggestions -

Saysusie
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Hatlady;
I am sorry that I am late in sending you my warm, supportive thoughts and prayers for strength and energy. Like cheryl_v, I too drink fruit juice and water when I am feeling depleted.
I hope that you are able to make it through the rest of your day knowing that we are here for you. Hang in there as best you can, making sure that you take very good care of yourself :D

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie