PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinions Please on my Symptoms

cheryl_v
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I do have fibromyalgia, doc says "maybe" early lupus? I would like to hear others opinions please. Any thoughts would appreciate. Here goes all symptoms:
For years now I've had severe joint pain, I'm only 33. My joints hurt, ache, stabbing feel and pop or snap easily. Muscles weak, burn feel, tingle, crawly feel and cramps. Bones hurt and ache, mainly lower legs and lower arms. I can feel my hands and feet swelling. Relentless fatigue. Headaches. Constant soeness and/or pain. Knees and shoulders and wrist grind when bend or use. My feet feel like I'm walking on the bones when I get up in the morning. Sore when I get up from sitting for only few minutes. Feeling of a clamped nerve under left arm at times, aches and sore to the wrist. Numbing feel in joints and legs sometimes. Occassional chest pain and mouth sores. IBS at times. Pain in back of neck. Forgetful or foggy headed at times. Thining hair, don't sleep well. Jaw pops or cracks alot. Weird burning sensation of skin off and on. Right hip slips now and then when used strongly.
Thankfully not all at once, lol. I've mentioned all these problems. All test keep coming back negetive. So frustating :mad: I know all of it can't be FMS. Can it? Thanks for reading this, any info you have I'll listen. Thanks again. cheryl_v :oops:

Saysusie
07-07-2007, 10:51 AM
We are not doctors and, so, cannot give you a diagnosis. It is not impossible to have overlapping diseases (two diseases at the same time, such as Lupus and Fibromyalgia). So, looking at your symptoms, I would have to agree with your doctor. You could be suffering from overlap symptoms of both Mild Lupus and Fibromyalgia.
I have both! I've been downgraded to Mild Lupus, but I have active Fibromyalgia. It is often difficult for me to distinguish which symptoms are from which disease (since so many of the symptoms of both are similar).
I, too, have the brain fog - burning muscles - debilitating fatigue - and sleep disturbances.
The chest pain and the sores in you mouth may be due more to Lupus than Fibromyalgia. It sounds as if your doctor is on the right track, has he suggested any treatments for your symptoms? Since many symptoms are similar, a lot of the treatments are the same.

I wish you the best, let us know what you and your doctor decide.
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cheryl_v
07-08-2007, 08:20 PM
:) Thanks saysusie,

I know you and others are not docs and I'm not expecting a dx. I've learned you get the best advice and opinions from people (like you) who actually go physically and mentally through these diseases. Unlike docs who only have book-smart knowledge, though a caring doc I have. He, just like other docs, do not have the physical and mental knowledge that people here do. I'm sorry if I came across like I wanted a dx. Just honestly curious what people here going through it all thinks about it all. I do highly respect peoples opinions, one person may have an insight another never even thought of. Guess thats what I was looking for.
Unfortunately not much family and friends support. Think I've drove them crazy with all my complaints. Thanks again for your opinion, you sound like a sweet person. cheryl_v :wink:

morning star
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
oh my gosh your symptoms sound just like mine, I was also wondering if the joint popping in my hips was related to sle? :o I also have severe joint stiffness in one of my knees and if I turn to quick it will feel like I'm fixing to twist it really bad. The are calling my dx connective tissue disease for now until further testing is done. The are doing a TSH-thyroid test which I've never had done guess the symptoms are pretty similar but in doing some research it seems both seem to run hand in hand. I also have severe breathing prob's which has been dx with asthma but I believe may be something a little different because I had asthma when I was little but I would just have an attack and wheeze for awile then get better, now it's constant and feels like I have a lung infection like bronchitis. I'm currently on Advair 500/50.

cheryl_v
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Hello morning star,
Sorry you have these problems too. I had thyroid test done a couple times, always negitive. As well as every test. This may come out sounding wrong, but I' m glad to know someone out there understands exactly sense they have these symptoms too. If you ever need a chat or vent, I'll listen. Not much support here, I know I've drove them crazy complaining. So tell me about your problems, I've never really talked to anyone who has problems. Everyone around here's healthy and doesn't really understand.
Sorry, sound pathetic don't I? :oops: Well, God bless all those in pain. Thanks all who reply, it makes a person feel not so alone anymore.

morning star
07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Hello morning star,
Sorry you have these problems too. I had thyroid test done a couple times, always negitive. As well as every test. This may come out sounding wrong, but I' m glad to know someone out there understands exactly sense they have these symptoms too. If you ever need a chat or vent, I'll listen. Not much support here, I know I've drove them crazy complaining. So tell me about your problems, I've never really talked to anyone who has problems. Everyone around here's healthy and doesn't really understand.
Sorry, sound pathetic don't I? :oops: Well, God bless all those in pain. Thanks all who reply, it makes a person feel not so alone anymore.

Yes I would like to talk, :) were are you from, I'm from OK, give me your email address.

hatlady
07-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Sheryl;

As Saysusie said, we can't diagnose! I know one person with fibro who's symptoms are stronger than my (blessedly mild) lupus symptoms. You'd think we should switch diagnoses....

Talk honestly with your doc, be sure the right tests have been run, and if you can, get to a rhuematologist - one that you feel you can trust.

Hugs and warm thoughts.

cheryl_v
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
:D Hello hatlady.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know fibro could be so much at once. I don't know anyone personally with FMS or lupus, so no one to ask. I was just curious of opinionons "early lupus", I've never heard it refered that way. Only as lupus, not early lupus. I always tell my doc everything, its the only way he can truely help me. He has me keep a journal for him so I forget nothing at the app. Thanks again.

Hello morningstar :) ,
I live in central FL. I haven't been a member long enough to put my e-mail up yet. It won't let me yet. I have to wait another week, I'll give it then. Love to chat with you soon, Thanks.