View Full Version : frantic- what do I say

07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
My husband is Popcorn 1959, I know he is in allot of pain, and he can't sleep at nights, I feel guilty about sleeping even when I have to go to work the next day. I'm also upset that the doctor that is suppose to be treating him, just keeps making him go back and take more blood tests but doesn't do anything for the pain. :x

07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Your husband needs to go to a new doctor. I know that frustration. I went to a doctor every other week for a year for tests and such before I moved on to a different doctor...when i did that I had a diagnosis and meds within a month. In the mean time ask your doc for pain meds and if he won't do that ask him for a sleeping pill at least. With lupus patients sleep is the most important med there is.

07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
You need to take Joe to a rhuematologist who is familur with lupus, is he losing weight and having severe body aches???? if this type of thing is going on then you need to see a doctor who is going to take care of him as soon as possible,


07-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Lupus patients are, far too often, disturbed by pain and by various symptoms, e.g. breathlessness, sweating, and palpitation, which indicate not only pain but also possible involvement of the nervous system. The nervous system involvement is thought to a role in sleep disturbances of patients with SLE. Also, many of us also suffer with Fibromyalgia. This condition causes pain and sleep disturbances. I, personally have both Lupus and Fibromyalgia and my doctor has prescribed medication for the pain as well as medication to help me sleep.
Since there are several reasons why your husband could be suffering from pain and sleep disturbance, I must echo what everyone else has said. He should find a good rheumatologist that is familiar with Lupus, Fibromyalgia and other auto-immune disorders. He should INSIST that he be treated both for his pain and for his sleep disturbances. It is time for you and your husband to become pro-active in his care and stand up for his right to have treatment. No one need live in pain, especially when there are so many medications to deal with pain. Insist that his doctor treat the pain and sleep problems now. But, still find a good rheumatologist!

I wish you both the best of luck
Peace and Blessings

07-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi Kacee!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I'm SO sorry to hear that you and your husband are going through such a hard time, but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers... I agree with the others that you probably need to find a new doctor.

Check out 'Friends and Family of S.L.E.' where you will find many people with family members or friends who have S.L.E.

Keep well and God bless! :)