PDA

View Full Version : worried and wondering

Shellbell
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone
I am new here, but i have come to this site many of times just to read the topics. I suspect i have Lupus, and have felt that way for about 10 yrs now. I have been checked several times for it just by my regular Dr., but nothing has come from it. I have been losing my hair (not bald) but very thin hair now for quite a few years. I have sore joints and my wrists are swollen, and have been for several years. I normally have very small wrists. That has troubled me for a long time, because it does not look normal. In the beggginning of my hair shedding by the tons i was very tired with depression off and on. I am sore to the touch all over my body. Well i will try not to be too long here, but this is bugging me and i don't have anyone that really would understand. I had Salmonella Posining and i got that May 21st. I ended up in the E.R. because i could not eat or drink anything for like 3 days. Well here is the thing, every since this has happened to me, i have not felt the same at all. No energy, some depression, dizzy , nauseas , and swollen hands, oh and very dry eyes to where it feels like i had sand in them. I don't know what to do. I went to my Dr and she has me taking Vit b-12 shots every two weeks, cause she did a CBC on me since i had the Salmonella, and my b-12 levels are low as well as my vit D levels. I have had Anemia for a couple of years now too. She had me take Iron supplement and then would retest and the Iron pills seemed to bring the levels back up again. I have very heavy periods, so that i have always thought of the reason for the anemia. Well sorry for being so long, i am worried and i need your advice and support. I am a 43 yr old female. Thank You

IloveHistory
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Shellbell!

Nice screen name! :)

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I have been losing my hair for a few months too, but mine is due to the Sodium Valproate (Epilim/Depakote/Depakene/Convulex) I was taking for Epilepsy. I stopped it a few months ago, but my hair is STILL falling out and it's driving me NUTS! :x :cry:

Keep well! :)

Shellbell
06-30-2007, 03:25 PM
thanks for your reply.. yes losing our hair sucks because it just really helps makes a person i guess, i mean it don't but it just seems like that people focus on our hair sometimes. when we our hair is nice it makes us feel good but when u wake up and know u aren't going to doing any cute hair due or just feeling good about it in general really gets depressing. :mad:

IloveHistory
07-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi!

It's a pleasure! :)

Shellbell, have you spoken to your doctor about the hairloss? Perhaps he/she can help or refer you to a Dermatologist.

Keep well! :)

Shellbell
07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
oh yes!! have I, i have complained many times of my hair loss, and my Dr will run the test for lupus and it has not showed anything. another doctor said it did not have to be a medical problem, that it could be genetic!! urgggg, ok well how come nobody in my family is losing their hair? Dr.'s to me are very frustrating as i know everyone here knows. So i mean i dont know, cause hair loss is not the only thing going on with me. I have not had any answers thus far, so i just will sit around and keep wondering. I mean in a way i do have to feel blessed, because none of my symtoms have never landed me in the hospital, i am not on any meds, so i do have to look at the bright side. Thank You again for your comments, :)